• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,540

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
If slow speeds was not bad enough, now the connection goes down for like 30 seconds every 15-20 minutes. The result, the messenger shows me online but messages do not get transfered. By the time I am back online, I have no idea what messages went through and what did not. Teh download stops and hangs, IRC gets disconnected completely. And well... It becomes a mess...

The latest mail:

OK, I have taken every possible sh*t that Sify Broadband have for me. Pathetic speeds, Pathetic CTOs. But this is simply unacceptable. Since morning, the net has stopped working at least 20 times for a duration of 30 seconds randomly. No, its not a problem with pings coz they work fine. No, the PC was not inactive... I was sitting on the computer chatting to my friends online. 6 times I had to logout and relogin to get my net working.

I am getting pathetic speeds of 500 bytes to 2.5KBps, these disruptions in the net certainly does not make it funnier.

This 30 seconds delay is good enough to time-out uploads to FTP, disconnect me from Chat clients. This comes without any warning or anything. The net just stops working. And gets back after 30 seconds or so. Your call center as always, no one picks up the phone. The local CTO is obviously not going to be of any help. So, you are the only person whom I can complain to. So this is it.

Also, if you have this hidden thing which lowers down speeds on shared packages after certain amount of data has been transferred on a particular day, MENTION IT ON THE PRODUCT PAGES. This is not something that you hide from your customers. And then you so much like to claim:

The endeavour in the end is to give our customers a satisfactory browsing
experience and therefore the menu of products available cover all different
usage patterns and requirements based on customer feedback and requirements.

So, this is how you handle your customers? Hide specific details from them? No where do I see that you do not have a minimum speed guarantee on shared packages. And no where is the 75megs a day limit specified. All this I get from you and the customer support people in Chandigarh.

Also, I have got a firewall working on my system. Reason being, I have had hack attempts from people on network I am connected to. So, if there are certain Sify Server IPs that I need to give permissions to access my system, please let me know. I am under no circumstances disabling my firewall, considering the number of attempts of hacking that I have seen in 1 single day.

[/b]

good.. but i can imagine that the truth hurts to much and this mail goes directly to the bin.Or.. they think u are paranoide and they point to all their "satisfied customers" who aint got a problem at al...sigh.. what a wonderful company!

heh, i myself am getting the feeling that i am getting cynical. think it is time for booze. so me leaving for delhi for 2-3 days... away from all this bullSh1t... 😛

Lucky you..wish i could go to delhi for a little while ..see some old friends... Be happy 2 or 3 days no sif®y(ustation)

Sify is a mess ! You are right !! Sify doesnt provide anything what they claim. I do get proper speed sometime, but thats VERY RARE. I just spoke to a Sify Territory Manager here in mumbai , Sanjeev, and it was quiet amezing to see how people back off from their own statements. Most shocking statement from him was , " see, if I am saying your pack is 64kbps , that means its 64 kbps, forget about Coustomer Care". Now this is funny, they themself doesnt really very concern about what their coustomer care guy saying.

I am having same inssues SPEED is pathetic , dowbloads are blocked, useless techical team, Infact I am sure that I know lot more then the technical person Sify sends to my place. I am having a same logging out problem and I am 100% sure that Sify tech guy wont be able to sort out anything. Smathing thing with prot scan, I get port scan warning after evry 20mins !! Thanks to secure Sify !!

What Mr. Territory Manager agreed is . he will send a person to my place and get the whole thing chacked and then , he will discuss it about @ returning my money !! Lets See, its as I said earlier, only solution ti Sify is not having it at all !!!
So ask for money back ! and change your ISP !!! otherwise live in a Sify "Broadband" hell !!

P.S. GOOD NEWS, Sify Territory Manager here told me that , they removed 75MB cap !!! now god knows how true is that ??? Since I cann't download anything from Sify, obviously , there is no need for a 75MB cap !!!

Mayuresh vaidya.
Mumbai

i actually told a representative from chandigarh on phone that in 6 months time sify ka band baj jayega. and he was like... sir, what are you talking abt! we just fixed your network... 😕

Last night all night my local network again down. second time during this week. and they are like this... normal. as if nothing big or bad happened. they feel 2 days downtime a week is normal.