Monsoon's Here (Almost!)

• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,481
^ i wasnt talking about the strays, i was talking about the pets.but still i feel a bit sorry for the strays too. 🙁

@ coolbuddy: Are you saying that the outer rim of the coaxial cable - the part with the grooves that let it wind onto the model - doesn't conduct electricity? Coz I always thot it did.

if you touch the "outside insulation" it won't conduct electricty...that's what i was talking about...

nosh is asking abt the part which fixes cable in to network card(old card with that round thing, i forgot name). i think it wud give a shock if u touch it when lightening strikes. as the copper mesh touches it clearly.

that let it wind onto the model
Typo - I mean modem.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5666/nokia739hs0.jpg
Check out the outer rim - I have a feeling it's got to be connected to the mesh... unless the inner pin is the only connection required.

if you touch the "outside insulation" it won't conduct electricty...that's what i was talking about...
buddy lightning contains on an average 40-120kA ( kilo Amperes ) of current and has a voltage of about 3 MILLION volts per meter. The insulation on cat5e cables is umm...not enough to prevent THAT MUCH current from frying you 😉

@nosh, ah, i see!!!i think that would conduct electricity... 😕@max, in that case, nothing on the midway would remain safe either 😛