Monitor rebooting on its own

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,271
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I've an AOC IPS monitor which is about 8 years old. Yesterday morning it wasn't detecting any signal from the PC and when I tapped it near the HDMI port it detected it, but only to restart on its own every 3-4 seconds with a clicking sound.

Right now it's turning on, but still not detecting any signal from the PC. I'm thinking of calling the service center or else will take it to Nehru Place (don't feel like to be honest).

Any idea what could be wrong?

P.s I've tried plugging the cable to a different port, tried using VGA cable, same result.

Last edited:
Have you tried plugging-in to any other input-source(apart from your PC) and also the power socket?(Does your house have grounding issues?)

Took it to a TV mechanic nearby, he said that the issue could be with the power adaptor and he doesn't have a 12 volt supply otherwise he would confirm it. He was hesitant opening the monitor.

Usually a bad capacitor. Since your power supply is separate could be as easy as replacing the adaptor.

Now the monitor won't turn on at all. Doesn't show the brand logo on boot too.

Yeah, it uses a 12 volt AC DC power brick. Called the customer care, and went through a horrible experience. One of the agent told me that the CPU is faulty, get that fixed. And the other one registered a complain. Seems like they don't have a dedicated service center rather tie ups with independent providers.

Anyways, the technician will take Rs. 400 for a visit to check the fault, service and spare charges extra. Don't you guys think it's better to simply take it to Nehru Place to an independent technician?

Cpu is faulty... 🤣🤣Their customer care is definitely setting gold standards for grievance redressal.

Ideally yes, but then there is this hassle of carrying it, time to Nehru Place. Besides, if anything goes wrong after repair you can still claim no fault of yours and it will be obligatory for them to get it fixed as a job sheet is created. It wouldn't be the case if getting it repaired from 3rd party.
Yes, it would be a bit expensive getting repaired from company but as long it's not putting a big hole in pocket, it is manageable..
Just my view... May differ from others. 🙂
I follow this from my personal experience.

Last edited:
Nehru Place is 6.8 KMs (20 minutes away), from my home. It's an 8 year old monitor with a green line at the right side. Visiting charge of Rs. 400 is telling me ye bada bill banane waley hai.

It's a 23 inch monitor, AOC i2367. Should I start thinking about getting a new one?

Wait... You haven't raised a ticket with them?? If NP is close, you can head over and get it checked. I thought its far from your place. If time permits go for it. Me still thinks your screen is saying "Mein ab bhi Zinda hu."
If those guys say its beyond repair, then think of a new one.

Yeah, I'll take it to Nehru Place most likely tomorrow itself. Let's see how it goes. Or else you'll see a new thread.

I want to buy a new monitor.

Went to Nehru Place and no one was daring enough to open it. It's a bezel-less monitor and I can understand that a lot of people haven't seen it. I know somebody who's a technician over there. He advised me to get a quote from the company first, because the issue is with the board/card. It will either be repaired or replaced. If the company quotes a high amount then submit it to him and they'll try to fix it for 1k.

So, I'm without a monitor now for about a week, service center guy took it and it'll go to Dwarka. Not a good feeling. 🙇‍♂️

Meanwhile, could you guys suggest a 23-24 inch IPS monitor? It should not be bulky, if I can use it without a stand that would be great. I just use it for graphic designing and photo editing. Basic stuff. Color accuracy is quite important. If the repair is costing a bomb, I'll rather get a new one, I guess.

So, it's been 10 days and the only update that I've from the service center is that they're waiting for the part that is PCB and I'll be paying Rs. 1.5k once the repair is done.

Considering that they're still trying to arrange for the part it seems like they may not be able to repair it. ☹️