Money from penalties goes to the government?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,524

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have forgotten what the actual regulation states. Can anyone confirm?Any idea if there is a specification on what this amount is going to be used for if it goes to the government?

I dont mind if money goes to government but atleast fine shud be hefty that they dont dare SPAM again.

well i would not mind it either if they can give details about what they would be doing with the money.

I don't think this amount is going to govt, instead somewhere I read it will be DOT and TRAI who would be benefited with the penalty amount.

DOT and TRAI are largely government bodies so it is one and the same thing. It would have worked wonders if regular people got 10/20/50% of the fined amount. Would have ensured that complaints were filed seriously.

Here it is

The service providers will have to deduct these amounts from the telemarketing firm and deposit the same with TRAI. This apart the errant telemarketer firm will be blacklisted on commission of the sixth offence. The telecom resources of the blacklisted telemarketer will be disconnected by all the service providers and will not be restored for a period of two years.

TRAI proposes heavy fine on telemarketing firms - CIOL News Reports

----------

Someone should file an RTI for this. Well we sud know who will be the beneficiary .

i wonder what would TRAI do with all the money collected! i mean they would have their own source of revenue through government. government collects all types of fines and penalties. there is probably no detailed information available on where it all goes. 😀

Actually Man, Not even from Telcos, TRAI had various other sources to collect fine. DTH is one of it too. BTW its customer who is suffering, so part of penalty should be given to customers as compensation . Why sud TRAI or Govt keep the amounts.