• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,329

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Hi friends,So I am having this issue now where my modem [UT300R2U] hangs up occasionally.The way I know that it's hanged up is when the status light stops blinking and glows continuously.I've been using this modem since the last 3 years or so and never had a problem with it so far.The modem is connected through an Ethernet cable and the line SNR and Attenuation are absolutely fine.FYI, I am running Win 7 Pro 32bit, the modulation is at G.dmt and connected via PPPoE mode.So is there anything I could do to make the modem work properly or is it just the time to get a new one?Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Anybody?

You should get it checked , as it might have developed some problem as its almost 3 year old. or u can check it at some of your friends place for a day or so. But most probably there must be some problem with the Modem itself.

got the same modem & bout that many yrs old, hav the very same problem aswell. connected thru ethernet cable & am usin winXP Pro SP3. my friend had the xact same problem with the same model. think this might be an overheating problem. thought the net used 2 b down now n again, but wen i tried loggin in 2 the modem thru browser 192.168.1.1 i cudnt login, then i used to restart modem n it used to b wrkin fine. if my problem persists i might jus rip it open n try 2 fig a solution 😉

Have u enabled IPV6 in the modem settings, cause recently i tried to enable(checked the IPV6 option) and soon after that same symptoms started appearing and when i turned off IPV6 it was back to usual. Though i m not experiencing any problem due to overheating till date !

Hi friends,

So I am having this issue now where my modem [UT300R2U] hangs up occasionally.

The way I know that it's hanged up is when the status light stops blinking and glows continuously.

I've been using this modem since the last 3 years or so and never had a problem with it so far.

The modem is connected through an Ethernet cable and the line SNR and Attenuation are absolutely fine.

FYI, I am running Win 7 Pro 32bit, the modulation is at G.dmt and connected via PPPoE mode.

So is there anything I could do to make the modem work properly or is it just the time to get a new one?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Probably the power adapter is faulty. or due to overheating ( also modem)
the output: Is it AC 9/v12~ V 0r 9V/12V =DC?

Have u enabled IPV6 in the modem settings, cause recently i tried to enable(checked the IPV6 option) and soon after that same symptoms started appearing and when i turned off IPV6 it was back to usual. Though i m not experiencing any problem due to overheating till date !

where is this IPV6?
modem is ut300r2u

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Probably the power adapter is faulty. or due to overheating ( also modem)
the output: Is it AC 9/v12~ V 0r 9V/12V =DC?

wat diff does it make if its ac or dc?

Well, thanks friends for all your responses.Strangely, my modem fixed itself 🙂 It just stopped hanging up all of a sudden, so maybe it had something to do with BSNLAnyways, glad that it's working fine now and just hope that it continues that wayThanks again!