• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 8,234
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcat

ISP
BSNL
I am getting IPTV through Set Top Box aminet 125. The modem is MT841. The person who installed the IPTV set up the aminet 125.But no changes were made in the settings of MT841. What settings are ideal for IPTV?

MT841 i think is a 4 port router.. so most probaly the iptv guy would have used one port for your computer and the other port for iptv.. so then it should be the best setup.. another thing which may make your iptv function better.. if you have some video clarity issues, you should make sure that the telephone cable from the telephone pole goes directly to your splitter and then to other telephones and your modem.. there should be no telephone before the splitter.. this gives a better signal.. and you will get better speeds and better iptv quality...

MT841 i think is a 4 port router.. so most probaly the iptv guy would have used one port for your computer and the other port for iptv.. so then it should be the best setup.. another thing which may make your iptv function better.. if you have some video clarity issues, you should make sure that the telephone cable from the telephone pole goes directly to your splitter and then to other telephones and your modem.. there should be no telephone before the splitter.. this gives a better signal.. and you will get better speeds and better iptv quality...

Thank you, superprash. The IPTV guy used one of the other ports. But he did not check the splitter. After reading your post I checked up. The old splitter had my telephone before. That splitter was from my old modem. It was designed that way. BSNL changed my modem when I got IPTV. I fixed the splitter which came with the new modem. This is designed the way you suggested.

Hope the Video quality improves.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.