Modem Rebooter

anirudhashish

Regular
I have Beetel 220bx192.168.1.1/resetrouter_en.html is the url of the page where the reboot button ishow do i use a .bat file to reboot the modem from my desktopi thought just putting in the url in the bat file would help but nup, there is a button i need to click in this url to initiate the bootCan any one help in this reboot

This is an area where IE beats FF/Opera..Post html code of that page, I will give you a .bat / .vbs file to click that button.

Originally posted by shamit@Feb 11 2006, 08:35 PM
This is an area where IE beats FF/Opera..

Post html code of that page, I will give you a .bat / .vbs  file to click that button.
[snapback]41827[/snapback]
[/quote]

here's the code

DSL Router

I dont think this is of any help

this is the page which contains the button Reboot & the button restore factry setting

Help.......

Oh this page is just a placeholder, yes it wont help much. Buttons are inside frame. Can you do one thing:1. Write click just next to button and view properties.2. What is the address (URL) shown in properties window?3. Post html code of that URL

Originally posted by shamit@Feb 11 2006, 10:34 PM
Oh this page is just a placeholder, yes it wont help much. Buttons are inside frame.

Can you do one thing:

1. Write click just next to button and view properties.
2. What is the address (URL) shown in properties window?
3. Post html code of that URL
[snapback]41841[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yippy Got it here it is

Click the button below to save and reboot the router.

Restore DSL router settings to the factory defaults.

hey please do tell me what actually ur looking for and what ur up to

This should do the job:

1. Open notepad
2. Type following code into notepad
Code:
theURL = "192.168.1.1/menu_en.html"with CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")  .visible=1  .Navigate("http://" & theURL)  Do until .ReadyState = 4      WScript.Sleep 50   Loop  With .document    set theBtns = .all.tags("input")    nBtns = theBtns.length    for each inp in theBtns         if inp.getAttribute("value") = "Save/Reboot" then            inp.click()  end if     next  End WithEnd With
3. Save file as c:\reset.vbs (feel free to change path or file name, just keep the extension as vbs.

Now you can run this .vbs file from command line or any batch file. It should reset the router.

Please let me know how it goes.

Hi i tried it ,what happened was ie opened with the modem page asking me for uid nd pswd when entered the modem setup page opened and thats it,no reboot no reset. ???

I dont know vbscript, but I guess what this script does is that it searches for the button titled "Save/reboot" and then clicks on the button....

to make things easier... the direct path to reboot is

http://192.168.1.1/rebootinfo.cgi

I guess if we just make an internet explorter shortcut and double click on it, the router would be rebooted.

So here is the procedure.................

okay now lets say ur router username is "admin" and the password for ur router is "pass"

1. now right click on ur desktop
2. select "new" -> "shortcut"
3. now here u type the following http://admin😛ass@192.168.1.1/rebootinfo.cgi
{where 'admin' and 'pass' are ur router username and password respectively}
4. click next and give a suitable name "Router Reboot Shortcut"
5. Click finish.

Double clicking on this router reboot shortcut should instantly reboot ur router....
BTW, what is the need to reboot the router? ur net hangs often?

There is a problem with both of these methods. URLs with username and password do not work in current versions of IE.

You need to tweak registry to enable them. Steps are:

1. Start regedit
2. Open this Key :

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\
3. Create this key if it does not exist
Code:
FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE
4. Inside this key, create this DWORD value "iexplore.exe" and set its value to 0.

Now use the URL that Anat suggested or modify the VBS code in this way:

(Fill in values for userame and password)

Code:
theURL = "192.168.1.1/menu_en.html"username=""passwd=""finalurl = "http://"& username & ":" & passwd & "@"& theURLwith CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")  .visible=1  .Navigate(finalurl)  Do until .ReadyState = 4      WScript.Sleep 50   Loop  With .document    set theBtns = .all.tags("input")    nBtns = theBtns.length    for each inp in theBtns         if inp.getAttribute("value") = "Save/Reboot" then            inp.click()  end if     next  End WithEnd With

didnt this modem allow telnet access ??? I scanned some bsnl ranges and most of them has port 80 open with default router user/pass 😛 and some also has port 23 telnet open . It would be much easy to reboot it via telnet ( guess) if it allows

if it allow telnet access then it will be a easier task to make a bat file to reboot router through telnet instead of bookmark . do some r&d to know the commands to reboot router via telnet

Originally posted by power@Feb 16 2006, 12:56 AM
if it allow telnet access then it will be a easier task to make a bat file to reboot router through telnet instead of bookmark . do some r&d to know the commands to reboot router via telnet
[snapback]42160[/snapback]
[/quote]

can u help me log into the modem using a one liner

sorry but i am not a bsnl user and not familiar with the interface of configuration program of ur modem/router maybe some other bsnl user can help