Modem problems with BSNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Ragoon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,937

Ragoon

ISP
None
Hi allI went to bsnl customer service centre and my exchange also!!!They are telling me ports are not available to give new connections and thts why it may take 3 months!!!:O And I recently found out Airtel dont have coverage in my area(LB NAgar,Hyd).Contacted reliance guys,they too are saying the same thing!So,after 2 day search for local cable operators in my area and some customers,found SIfy is horrible and I finally took some Southern Online internet service...Any hyd guyss..ever heard of such a thing???And one more point...BSNL SUCKS!!!!

heh. its pretty regular to hear that BSNL does not have the capacity to add new members esp for new broadband customers... sucks for sure. 😀

well.. bsnl doesn't suck.. its awesome!! but.. they seem to have this shortage which i really cant understand why.. cuz.. they were supposed to get the equipment this month i guess.. also.. i've heard that the ul plans are given the connections faster compared to the other connections.. maybe cuz of the speed?? anyways.. the thing is. once u get it.. it awesome! keeps working like a clock..airtel imo is stil the best though.. (for unlimited plans)

bsnl's inability to take new customers when they are advertising to get them. sucks.

Yah,they should be ready to face this problem...How do they expect customers to wait for 3 months or so...And local cable operators are taking advantage of this!!!Atleast I expected reliance to have more coverage and challenge BSNL and Airtel!!But they too dont seem to care much!!!

reliance are going down. this is when they own FLAG. omg...

i suppose problem with bsnl is that they are getting more customers than they expected and hence they are always short of hardware.or other reason "may be" internal corruption which make customer go to different ISP.

you mean to say that the bsnl babus take money from private operators to not give out connections to people? 😛

lol...yes possible..not babus but may be at higher levellook at CAS scenario... how fast they obtained STBs.STBs are reqed almost for every house even then theyarranged for STBs.DSL hardware is reqd only for say for 5-10% as of now.and they still cant arrange it. give it to pvt sector companyand see within a week it will be arranged.

heh. bsnl. they take a lot of money from private operators in the name of ADC. and well... they suck.

well ADC is reducing too. had it been pvt sector company instead of BSNL wud they have reduced it? nope! infact they wud have taken advantage of monopoly and mobile tariff wud have increased instead of decreasing.

trai wud have controlled it but then the pvt sector company wud have gone to highcourts/supremecourts and created a big scene in the name of democracy. lol.

umm ur mistaken here my friend.

it's trai which has reduced the ADC. and BSNL is crying foul. they have requested them to take back the reduction order. TRAI instead claim that BSNL has repeatedly failed to show how they spend the ADC money on improving networks in rural india.

bsnl is a big time profit making company. it is one of the few government entities which actually makes shit load of money for the government.

and this same company fails to give out broadband connections coz they do not have enough modems in stock. and this is the same company which has in the last 50 years failed to i believe connect the whole country with telephone connections.

if it were not for the private operators in the country, we would have been living in the same situation where getting a phone connection takes months. as it is happening with their broadband customers now.

The Hindu News Update Service
The Hindu News Update Service
Zee News -

BSNL incidentally is doing the same thing. so well. bsnl is no good compared to private operators.

yes since BSNL is govt company decisions are not taken immediately. like sun getting stay order from high court next day after trai ruling..and then tata filing against stay order in supreme court etc. with govt companies such things happen slowly.