• Thread starter Thread starter SiriusB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,170

SiriusB

Torrential
ISP
Airtel
Is it just me or is this a airtel-wide event? Following a sudden restart due to power outage, my modem's 'Link' LED goes off and starts to blink as if there's no "dial tone" down the line. The worst news is that this keeps repeating indefinetly. The only solution is to restart the modem using it's switch. But after a few minutes, the link goes away again.Now, I've seen this behaviour once when airtel was on fire. But at that time it never connected throughtout the night whatever I tried AND there was no sudden restart prior to that happenning. So I want to seek expert (or experinced n00b, or anyone) advice. Guys?

The connection has been stable since midnight till now. Hopefully, it wil stay that way. Again, is this chennai wide or is it just me?

No its not a airtel-wide event SiriusB. Mosy likely what is happening is that airtel backend team are performing routine maintainence. During this process the access to the DSLAM is restricted. Most probaby this is why ur getting link problem. This process does not take more than 10-15 minutes.If this happening regulary then get ur line & modem checked. If this happens once in a while for a small period of time then no need to worry.

The problem was there on and off for about 2 hours, not 10-15 minutes. But it hasn't repeated itself since then. So I assume the problem was a temporary glitch. Hopefully it will stay that way.