• Thread starter Thread starter Outlander
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,596

Outlander

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I had to format and reinstall Windows; actually I had made an image of a previous installation, so I just copied that, and then started installing all the drivers and antivirus and stuff. Now everything else has installed, but the Huawei modem won't install. Every time I run the setup, whether it is from the CD, or from the folder copied on the hard disk, at one point it says:The Huawei MT882 Installer is searching for installed hardware. If your modem is not yet plugged in to your computer, please plug it now.I have tried plugging it in after it gives this message, and I have tried plugging it in before starting the installation, but nothing happens: what happens is that this screen remains forever, nothing moves forward, it never detects the modem, while Windows gives the messages of a network connection having been unplugged and all. I can cancel the installation though, and it rolls back; the computer doesn't stop responding. I can use the internet without installing anything. So is this installation necessary?Another thing: on my modem page, it shows the modem as MT 880, but this installer is installing for MT 882; so do both these modems have the same drivers? This is the only CD I got from BSNL.Thanks.

Option 1.
Installation from CD is drivers for USB PORT
Frfom CD download the drivers to say C:/MT880.
Switch off computer. Connect modem to USB port. Restart.
Let Windows detect new hardware.
Follow instructions and load drivers fron C:/MT880
Option 2 : Connect the modem RJ45 cable to your computer ethernet port.
In IE enter in address bar
http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html admin admin.
For ref : SmartAX MT-882 ADSL MODEM MENU

I didn't know the drivers were for the USB Port only. I am running the modem from LAN Channel. So do I need to install the modem?

>Option 2 : Connect the modem RJ45 cable to your computer ethernet port.
>In IE enter in address bar
>http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html admin admin.

I've already got the modem cable connected to the computer LAN port, and I can open the modem page (192.168.1.1), but what do I do then? Is there a method to install the modem drivers from that page?

as the name suggests USB drivers are needed only if you are connecting modem using USB port.since you are using LAN port you don't have to install any drivers.

/members/hydraheaded/
I can use the internet without installing anything.
1.You cannot install USB drivers via the modem. No need unless you want to use another computer.
If you can surf Internet and see web pages Ignore all below . ( connect to BSNL BB)
2.When you can open the modem's settings pages, you have to enter your username ( without @ bsnl.in ) and password in the WAN page.
Select VPI/VCI 0 _35.
PPP/PPPoE
user name
Password
"Always On '"
DNS Use 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222
DHCP enabled. range 192.168.1.3 to 198.168.1.10 etc
Save and reboot. ( wait for 2 or three minutes )
Check Summary Page. The icon against 0_35 should be green. If not click "Note".

Check in diagnostics page. You should get two IP addresses.
See the link given. SmartAX MT-882 ADSL MODEM MENU
for guidance.
Para two :
If any problem
1 Check Start Network/ Local Area Network Status.
2. Start run type cmd ping Google If "pinging" OK
3. or type ipconfig/all post screenshot here. use tinypic.com

Para three :had to format and reinstall Windows
The image you made contains all the problems(if present) earlier !!!
In future don't format Harddisk and reinstall OS. Ask permission from IBF !!!! Mention the problem/s encountered in the system !!!!!