Modem Config

anirudhashish

Regular
Hi I have two airtel data lines coming in.can i have one modem cofigured such that it has access data of both the lines and it dials/uses any one of the line which ever i have hooked in,I have a beetel 220bx.imeen it tries logging in with both the id'd which ever is succes ful,

I dont think its possible.First, that modem does not have two incoming line ports.Second, its firmware isn't made with more than one line in mind.

Originally posted by prathapml@Feb 7 2006, 09:28 AM
I dont think its possible.
First, that modem does not have two incoming line ports.
Second, its firmware isn't made with more than one line in mind.
[snapback]41614[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hwy i tried it in the BSNL router modem it worked,and both the lines dont go in simultaneously only one does,it should connect which ever one is going in.

Any ideas

are we trying to have user id/pwd for both lines configured on the same modem? i dont think that modem can support that.other than that they dont supply modems with mutiple connection inlet ports .so u would have to unplugg one wire (connection) to connect the other one.

Why dont u ask Airtle about this, they might provide you with a D-Link (instead of the default Beetel) that might be able to do what you want.

can you tell me how exactly will D-Link help meI have two airtel lines running in both from diff pillars so if one is down we'r hopefull of the other being up.Now what i want is one modem two login info's on it when one line is down i have to use the other (How ever it is possible,manual unplugging or both wores running in together etc )Do we have a dual wan router with touchtel