Modem Config

• Thread starter anirudhashish
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 2,174
A

anirudhashish

Regular
Hi I have two airtel data lines coming in.can i have one modem cofigured such that it has access data of both the lines and it dials/uses any one of the line which ever i have hooked in,I have a beetel 220bx.imeen it tries logging in with both the id'd which ever is succes ful,

P

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
I dont think its possible.First, that modem does not have two incoming line ports.Second, its firmware isn't made with more than one line in mind.

A

anirudhashish

Regular
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2006, 09:28 AM
I dont think its possible.
First, that modem does not have two incoming line ports.
Second, its firmware isn't made with more than one line in mind.
[snapback]41614[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hwy i tried it in the BSNL router modem it worked,and both the lines dont go in simultaneously only one does,it should connect which ever one is going in.

Any ideas

A

austinium

are we trying to have user id/pwd for both lines configured on the same modem? i dont think that modem can support that.other than that they dont supply modems with mutiple connection inlet ports .so u would have to unplugg one wire (connection) to connect the other one.

B

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
Why dont u ask Airtle about this, they might provide you with a D-Link (instead of the default Beetel) that might be able to do what you want.

A

anirudhashish

Regular
can you tell me how exactly will D-Link help meI have two airtel lines running in both from diff pillars so if one is down we'r hopefull of the other being up.Now what i want is one modem two login info's on it when one line is down i have to use the other (How ever it is possible,manual unplugging or both wores running in together etc )Do we have a dual wan router with touchtel