Mobile Phone from abroad IMEI doubt

• Thread starter Thread starter CloudS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,533

CloudS

ISP
Airtel
I am planning to buy a cell phone from France and research indicates that it does have a IMEI number but its not registered and I may face problem using in India.

I am thinking of trying my Indian SIM in that cell phone before buying and see if I get an error or I get signal and make calls.
Is method of checking fine, or is there a possibility that the Indian SIM will work in France without error but will give error of IMEI when I use it in India?

Please reply ASAP!

We can think this as -

I go to China, buy a Chinese mobile phone. Test the mobile phone with a Indian SIM card. If the mobile phone works fine in China, will it work fine in India too with the same SIM i.e without any IMEI problem or anything?

I am planning to buy a cell phone from France and research indicates that it does have a IMEI number but its not registered and I may face problem using in India.

I am thinking of trying my Indian SIM in that cell phone before buying and see if I get an error or I get signal and make calls.
Is method of checking fine, or is there a possibility that the Indian SIM will work in France without error but will give error of IMEI when I use it in India?

Please reply ASAP!

We can think this as -

I go to China, buy a Chinese mobile phone. Test the mobile phone with a Indian SIM card. If the mobile phone works fine in China, will it work fine in India too with the same SIM i.e without any IMEI problem or anything?

err u mean to say they are using a fake imei number right??? Anyway u should have no problem until the govt start actively searching for mobiles without IMEI numbers & shutting them down... The mobile will work fine but u might get into a few legal problems with the govt if some incident takes place...

err u mean to say they are using a fake imei number right??? Anyway u should have no problem until the govt start actively searching for mobiles without IMEI numbers & shutting them down... The mobile will work fine but u might get into a few legal problems with the govt if some incident takes place...

Haven't the government already started shutting down the Chinese mobiles since 2009?

Haven't the government already started shutting down the Chinese mobiles since 2009?

nope...i still see people flocking mobile shops selling chinese mobiles!! with fake IMEI numbers ofcourse