Mobile operators oppose allowing Mukesh's Infotel and Tikona to offer voice calls

• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,775
They know that reliance infotel would kick their arse once It's operational.

Dextermorgan said:
They know that reliance infotel would kick their arse once It's operational.

If voice call works well(If infotel is thinking to offer it through VOIP), land line and mobile voice offering will be costly as compared to VOIP. So, users will start adapting it. If land line portability comes, BSNL will be in a big trouble. MTNL will survive by anyway because of its offering affordable tariff and MTNL has its fans.

If infotel is planning to offer HD or SD video channels through its technology, it will vanish Dishes(DTH) from terrace.
All above features need stable(packet loss free) internet with least stable internet speed as per its requirement.
If infotel would not able to provide a stable internet connection, there would be flop show like always happens with Reliance but customers will suffer. Company will find a way to recover investment and also way to make profit.
It is worthless to talk on till it comes in the market but I can't control myself.

chromaniac said:
Good luck with having expectations about anything from a service that is branded Reliance.

Reliance is willing to provide best and cheap service. At end user, it isn't working well as per company's expectation like BSNL.
Reliance has motive to make money but also with satisfaction of customers.
Reliance is known for dispute bills. How? No body knows that even Reliance sales executives accepts that they have a problem with billing department if you have postpaid. They sometime recommend not to connect land line which is offered to customers with Broadnet internet at free of cost. I heard many stories of usage of land line even if it is not connected since installation.

But in infotel case, we all are waiting for reliable service from RL as RL is investing much effort in testing and improving it before launching. They are taking much time. Surely, we will have best service from RL.
I experienced that BWA service has less down time than Cable internet. Firstly, RL will solve that problem.
I rarely get downtime from my service provider except Tikona.

Reliance sucks when it comes to B2C services. They pick the worst of the lot for the folks that deal directly with people. They have the worst customer support department when it comes to private operators and the quality of service is horrible as well. Everyone knows what happened with Reliance Mobile when it launched its CDMA services under Mukesh Ambani. They created a massacre in the market by offering cheap phones and tariffs. In just a few months, the network congestion was so bad that people realized that they were getting exactly what they paid for... inferior service. And most of them moved on to other operators.

chromaniac said:
Reliance sucks when it comes to B2C services. They pick the worst of the lot for the folks that deal directly with people. They have the worst customer support department when it comes to private operators and the quality of service is horrible as well. Everyone knows what happened with Reliance Mobile when it launched its CDMA services under Mukesh Ambani. They created a massacre in the market by offering cheap phones and tariffs. In just a few months, the network congestion was so bad that people realized that they were getting exactly what they paid for... inferior service. And most of them moved on to other operators.

Yes. That is the reason. People they are choosing to deal with customers make company's repo worse.
In CDMA, that was gonna happen. They wouldn't have estimated rush properly or may be they wouldn't have provision to expand.
I accept that those offers bring revolution in market. Price war started from their offering connection in 500/=.
I would blame sales executives not all but few of them.

Are you freaking serious? Tata Indicom and MTS have provided awesome services on CDMA networks. It's Reliance which created all the bad reputation about CDMA. It is unfortunate that India is becoming a predominantly GSM market when CDMA is such a better standard for phone calls at least. The entire company is a scam. They are horrible with their business partners as well. Ask anyone who deals with Reliance on a B2B levels. No one has anything good to say about the company.
Ask on the forum who has had a good experience with:
Reliance Mobile
Reliance DTH
Reliance Broadband
Reliance 4G LTE would soon join the group

chromaniac said:
Are you freaking serious? Tata Indicom and MTS have provided awesome services on CDMA networks. It's Reliance which created all the bad reputation about CDMA. It is unfortunate that India is becoming a predominantly GSM market when CDMA is such a better standard for phone calls at least. The entire company is a scam. They are horrible with their business partners as well. Ask anyone who deals with Reliance on a B2B levels. No one has anything good to say about the company.
Ask on the forum who has had a good experience with:
Reliance Mobile
Reliance DTH
Reliance Broadband
Reliance 4G LTE would soon join the group

I am talking about particular situation when they introduced cheap mobile connection and situation occurred after that.
As I am telling you, RL is willing to offer best service with best technology but at end user, it doesn't work well perfectly due to bill disputes, some network issue with GSM especially here(I live in very populated area. Sometimes, I get frequent voice drop on call or sometime it disconnects), frequent down time with Broadnet due to cable operator who is maintaining cable installation and maintenance.

I have no doubt on technology and service reliability.

Well Its due to their monsoon packs that they made the call charges so low. God knows how many years the operators would have fleeced us If it wasn't for Reliance. Even though operators are increasing call charges, India still has one of lowest charges for calls in the world.
Who knows how It'll be for broadband.
PS: Reliance broadband never disappointed me (Used to have an reliance modem)

acc1444 said:
I am talking about particular situation when they introduced cheap mobile connection and situation occurred after that.
As I am telling you, RL is willing to offer best service with best technology but at end user, it doesn't work well perfectly due to bill disputes, some network issue with GSM especially here(I live in very populated area. Sometimes, I get frequent voice drop on call or sometime it disconnects), frequent down time with Broadnet due to cable operator who is maintaining cable installation and maintenance.

I have no doubt on technology and service reliability.
So, they are willing to offer something good but fail to do so. How does that help the end user? Intentions do not really matter when you do not deliver in the end. They have some of the best broadband plans today but do you see me or other folks running to get their services? No. A few that have moved have been lucky to get a decent experience. A bunch are suffering and are considering moving back to their previous service operator.
What is the point of launching something if you cannot deliver it properly? Why blame the executives when the company does not have the desire or the will to fix the mess with their services? The blame goes to the company which is responsible for everything. And I can safely say I am not alone here who has decided to stay away from anything Reliance branded.
Ask here how many people are using Reliance branded mobile and DTH services. Few people are going to raise their hands.
You sound like a PR piece when you say that the company has the best intentions in mind when they launch something but fails to deliver because of the low level employees. Airtel managed it just fine before they decided to fuck it up all. They had such a tight control on the lowest of employee that it was a rare sight to see here in India.

Reliance brand is meant to make money at customers expense.their competitors are more afraid with the fact that AT&T might purchase 25% stake in Rel Infocom and take over the operations and execution.
At&t were taunted a lot in telecom industry when they sold their Indian operations to birlas in 2005 and exited from Indian market,but now they want to make a comeback and a wicked one.If at&t does the agressive and pursuasive marketing they do in USA their competitors have to worry.
As far as the entry of reliance in mobile industry in 2003 is concerned.it was WLL and reliance did not spend anything at all on infrastructure.They first created hype,and them raised money and slowly developed the infra on publics money.

Actually personally speaking I don't give a rats a** about the brand of the service I am using... What I do care about is weather it works or not... I am hoping for some pretty great things from ril since they have w8ed for so long to launch such as a Netflix like service & a decent ftth place(no not unlimited ones like every one wants but atleast will a 50-100gb limit under Rs 1200/mo... If wishes were airplanes 😀...

rajadeep said:
Actually personally speaking I don't give a rats a** about the brand of the service I am using... What I do care about is weather it works or not... I am hoping for some pretty great things from ril since they have w8ed for so long to launch such as a Netflix like service & a decent ftth place(no not unlimited ones like every one wants but atleast will a 50-100gb limit under Rs 1200/mo... If wishes were airplanes 😀...
your wishes are like airplanes of kingfishers 🙂