Mobile number porting and add-on connections

• Thread starter Thread starter shinujohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,112

shinujohn

ISP
BSNL, Asianet DataLine
Friends,I currently use a BSNL postpaid connection which has two 'JODI' SIM cards (add-on) used by my family.I would like to switch to Idea and want to retain all these three numbers. But when I request for the UPC by sending 'PORT' to 1900, the UPC is being provided only for my primary number and gets 'incorrect mobile number' when I try with my add on numbers.Anybody out there who has successfully ported their add-on connections?Thanks

PORT all three connections separately.

chaibiskutbhai said:
PORT all three connections separately.
Yup, that was what I did - but the UPC generation failed for my add on connection saying 'incorrect mobile number'.

first convert them to plain postpaid plan out of the cug

The issue was this: I was sending PORT request for all three connections from my primary number - Instead the request should be sent from each individual number. I cannot send a PORT request from my number for a different number it seems.
Thank you guys for the reply.

Yes, porting request needs to be send from the mobile number itself. Whenever you send porting request, command itself generates a validation which cross check mobile number attached to IMSI number and if validation is found OK, successful UPC code is generated.