Mobile Number Portability FAQs: How to safely port your number from one service to another

• Thread starter Thread starter MNP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 64,728
Request a fresh UPC.

For that I've to wait till 18th & 19-20th is my billing cycle & then again those suckers will NOT hesitate to decline my PORT-OUT request by giving the reason "UNPAID BILL".

Lets see what happens. This time I will call CC to know my billed amount so that I can pay immdtly. :iplay:

At last, Yesterday night (My friend) received response(SMS) from Vodafone saying that:
Hello, We have received your Porting Request VX****** dated 18th Feb 2011. We will validate your request and will revert on confirmation by 96hrs TAT from the time we received the request from MCH.

As I stated in my previous post, Actually his UPC code was expired on 17th Feb itself :O
I don't know how they validated his request on 18th Feb!! 😛leasehelp:

Anyway lets hope for good & lets see what happens in this 96hrs.

I have negative balance in my reliance prepaid connection but my no. is ported to aircel even in negative balance.

I have negative balance in my reliance prepaid connection but my no. is ported to aircel even in negative balance.

Tum Bahut Khush Naseeb Ho..😛

Magar, Bach ke rehna AIRTEL aur VODAFONE jaise Dusht Rakshasonse.. :grin:

At Last after 96hrs my friend received 2 SMS today(morning) from Vodafone & BSNL: :thumb:

SMS Received from Vodafone:
Hello! YourPorting Request VX****** dated 18 Feb 2011 has been approved. We will communicate the Porting date and time shortly.
SMS Received from BSNL:
(G) Your Port in request for your Mobile Number xxxxxxxxxx has been accepted. Your mobile number will be ported on 22-feb-2011 at 22:38 PM. Thank You - BSNL
:dance: :yahoo: :dance: :yahoo: :dance:

Two of my friends safely ported from loop..balance left with previous operator was 15/-.

I am using a MTNL number for the past 2 Years But its on some body eles ID. now I had applied for MNP, with my documents is it possible that MTNL deny this PORT.?

For porting a mobile number, you have to pay Rs 19 to the operator whose service you want. So for this purpose, it is necessary to have some balance in your phone.

hi,I had requested for porting out of Reliance to Vodafone on 31 Aug. I checked with reliance two days back and they told me that my request was accepted on 9-sep. So far, I have not received any message from Vodafone or Reliance. For past 2 days, they are telling me that the request will be processed in 1-2 days but it has not happened. I really don't know what to do with this now. Somebody please help.

Do we need to clear unfilled amount before porting out ? Do we need to pay extra amount just to ensure that on the day of actual movement , there is no outstanding on our connection ? In that case how is the excess refunded to customer ?

I don't think they will transfer extra amount to new provider.
Best option is to convert from Postpaid, then port the number. I ported my Vodafone Postpaid to BSNL in similar manner- VF Postpaid > VF Prepaid > BSNL Prepaid.