Mobile Number Portability - A Reality Now !!

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,293

AjayJP

Ajju
ISP
Airtel
Mobile number portability is now a reality after very long wait. Today I just tried to sent the Porting Request for a Reliance CDMA number ( Chennai Circle). Within 3 mins, I got the response

The message says

Dear Reliance Customer, Your Porting Request Code is xxxxxxxx. The Code is valid till 02/02/2011 01:28:44. Thank You.

However, not sure from when the service providers would start taking applications for new connections.

I did the same thing a month ago and got the same sms with my porting no. 😛No one is gonna accept any porting request right now. Wait till 20th Jan, 2011.

Got a confirmation from Vodafone - chennai that they would start accepting applications from tomorrow.

Got a confirmation from Vodafone - chennai that they would start accepting applications from tomorrow.

So u porting to Vodafone?

From reliance to vodafone...? Please note that you cannot change your new operator for next six months. Research further before you take the leap forward.

From reliance to vodafone...? Please note that you cannot change your new operator for next six months. Research further before you take the leap forward.

After a porting a subscriber can again port after 3months! NOT 6months

My Primary number is a vodafone. The one I am planning to is just a prepaid sim which I dont use as such...