Misusing Internet

• Thread starter Thread starter suganth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,106

suganth

HiI have a dataone connection with 1gb download. Now i got a bill for downloading 5gb. I think someone has misused my connection with my user id and password. Is there any way to findout the downloading websites and the phone no. Please help me. I am very much depressed about this.Regards

^ havent you changed the default password given by BSNL ? change it regularly . And givea written complaint at the local BSNL Exchange .

QUOTE(suga @ Oct 20 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]66096[/snapback]
....got a bill for downloading 5gb....someone has misused....[/b]

Firstly, change your password immediately. I am sure you know how to do it. BSNL passwords by default are weak and easy guess. Even otherwise, it is a safe practice to have the passwords changed regularly.

Secondly, look into your service records and see if you find some login timings which are different from your browsing habbits. If you find some, you can lodge a formal complaint to the SDOP of your local area and the port details can be known, ofcourse, the telephone number of the person who has misused. You have to decide how you should deal with that fellow.

If you do not see any unusual login entries, high time you either restrict your usage, or change your browser options to minimize the graphical content or use the free timings effectively. Else, you could go for 900Plus option to avoid all this and enjoy the freedom from data caps.

BTW, you can also submit a written request to your Area Manager, to put you under next higher plan for that particular month when your usage was high and unusual, so that your bill amount can be reduced to a considerable amount. It all depends on the Area Manager whether to accept your request or not. I am sure, you can be positive about the result. I hope so.

Best of Luck and Regards

QUOTE(suga @ Oct 20 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]66096[/snapback]
Hi
I have a dataone connection with 1gb download. Now i got a bill for downloading 5gb. I think someone has misused my connection with my user id and password. Is there any way to findout the downloading websites and the phone no. Please help me. I am very much depressed about this.

Regards
[/b]

First of all, change your internet password as well as modem/router password from admin/admin to something else. My account was also misused. Thank god I had ul plan at that time.

ask for details as from which phone ur account was used,...