Misuse of Recharge amount by TataSky

DhrubaChumki

ISP
Airtel
I recharged my account in Tata Sky on June 15 for Rs 2000. A day later (June 16, 2011) suddenly in the middle of my working day one guy calls me up from Tata Sky and tries to push new packages. I said I will not change anything from my existing package. He still tries to push me by saying that I am on a high paid package. I still told him that I want to stick to my exsisting package. To my surprise, yesterday evening I see a message on the TV saying only Rs 400 is left of Rs 2000 I paid on June 15, 2011. And dues date is July. I am shocked at the blatant cheating Tata Sky is doing. This has happened with two of my friends as well. Online today I checked and see that a Semi Annual Super Saver Pack is added to my account. If this is not reverted and my account is not settled as per my existing package, I will see that Tata Sky goes to court this time for pushing people to buy expensive packages.And warning to everyone about being duped by calls from TataSky when you are recharging higher amounts.

Never recharge ur account with high amount. Even for mobile prepaid. Always keep balance of max 1 month in advance.Because once the amount is deducted then u will be forced to do lots of follow up.If u do not want to keep recharging every month, then take long duration pack and CONSUME the amt instantly instead of leaving credit in ur account to be used by them at their will.

Yes, now that you tell me, I remember recharging Rs 200 for my maid for her pre paid phone and later realising that Sirtel had tranferred Rs 100 to 3G!! The poor girl did not even know what 3G was. I guess a few rounds of calls to Tata Sky has to begin now to reverse the amount

I recharged my account in Tata Sky on June 15 for Rs 2000. A day later (June 16, 2011) suddenly in the middle of my working day one guy calls me up from Tata Sky and tries to push new packages. I said I will not change anything from my existing package. He still tries to push me by saying that I am on a high paid package. I still told him that I want to stick to my exsisting package. To my surprise, yesterday evening I see a message on the TV saying only Rs 400 is left of Rs 2000 I paid on June 15, 2011. And dues date is July. I am shocked at the blatant cheating Tata Sky is doing. This has happened with two of my friends as well. Online today I checked and see that a Semi Annual Super Saver Pack is added to my account. If this is not reverted and my account is not settled as per my existing package, I will see that Tata Sky goes to court this time for pushing people to buy expensive packages.

And warning to everyone about being duped by calls from TataSky when you are recharging higher amounts.

Change in to Semi Annual Supreme Sports pack ... it's the best plan for customers preferring complete hindi entertainment with sports channel and Infotainment channels. Anyways the due date in semi annual and annual packages will not reflect as per the base pack and only reflect for Add on packs. It's always better to shift to semi annual pack or annual packs if you can afford to recharge for high denomination.

PS:- TS should have informed you for any changes done to your package.

Ok..here's an update. Got a call from TakaSky from the number +91 40-27655814. A lady named Sridevi called to say that Tata Sky is very sorry about the issue. But they cannot do anything about it as the package has been activated already. So I lose the money because TataSky thinks that cheating people of their money means a bigger bottomline in this crowded market is the best way to jhinga lala!!!

^^ atleast you got a call from Sridevi 😀on the serious note, talk to higher level administration regarding your issue. dont let them eat your hard earned money.

Don't let it go easily. Put them a simple question. Ask them to provide to you the call, mail, letter or any other proof which shows you asked them to, or yourself did, add that package. It is a fairly recent incident and they cannot give reasons like we don't store information and the like. Challenge this and present the details of your call in detail. Ask to speak to a supervisor. And yes, be calm. Shouting won't get you anywhere.

Well as i have observed, threatening to disconnect seems to work fairly well. Unless you are dealing with MTNL/BSNL. They simply don't care.

Well but with MTNL/BSNL nothing gets activated automatically 😀

It's not that he has lost any money... it's just that they have wrongly activated semi annual package.

DhrubaChumki Get your expiry date of semi annual package. You can also request anytime for deactivating your semi annual packages. Your due date will never reflect on Tata Sky portal for semi annual package if you have your add on's. Looks like you are one of the customers who are in old plans of Tatasky which were very expensive... Go for the new plans and save some money by opting for semi annual or annual packages.