mistakenly disabled service needed for bluetooth usb to function?

• Thread starter Thread starter sininglabs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,459

sininglabs

ISP
DSL
Hi,My laptop was going very slow so I googled for ways to make it make it start up fast. I disabled some services and changed some from automatic to manual. Weeks later, I needed to use my bluetooth usb and was unable to turn it on after clicking on the icon in my desktop (It used to function ok). The bluetooth still shows up in my device manager, however. I think I mistakenly disabled a service/s needed for the bluetooth usb to function properly or to start. Can anyone help me? Do I need to post a screenshot of the services that are currently on my registry so you can view which ones I need to enable/start the bluetooth? Or can you mention which services are crucial or must be activated to enable the bluetooth to function? I am not very tech-savvy so please bear with me, thank you in advance.

Can you see anything like this on the taskbar?

By the way, which version of windows you are using? Xp, Vista or Seven?

Can you see anything like this on the taskbar?

By the way, which version of windows you are using? Xp, Vista or Seven?

Wow! Thanks for the super quick reply, Samm. I'm using XP, and I don't see anything like what you posted on my taskbar...

hi, no problem, take the following steps1) Go to start>run>"services.msc".2) here start "Bluetooth support services" and make it automatic.3) start any other services with the name "blooth" if you see, as my system is showing only one service i mention.hope your problem will resolved.

hi, no problem, take the following steps
1) Go to start>run>"services.msc".
2) here start "Bluetooth support services" and make it automatic.
3) start any other services with the name "blooth" if you see, as my system is showing only one service i mention.

hope your problem will resolved.

hi alex!
i looked through the list and found no "bluetooth support services" nor any other services with the name "blooth." i don't know if this is because my laptop did not come pre-installed with bluetooth -- i used to plug in a usb for this purpose but for reasons unknown to me, that no longer works. i'm attributing this (rightly or wrongly) to the time i disabled some services at startup because my laptop had gotten very slow and i did some troubleshooting (including disabling some services). now every time i click on the bluetooth shortcut icon on my desktop, it doesn't launch like it used to. i don't know how to paste a screen shot of my services here on this thread. would emailing you the screen shots be acceptable so you can take a look at my services list? thanks very much!

Its fine if Bluetooth adapter is not listed in Device Manager.Go to BIOS and check for Bluetooth/WiFi adapters, you can disable/enable Bluetooth and WiFi adapter from BIOS.Would have been better if you had posted your Laptops model and some basic information.Just read your post again, and you are using an external adapter.Check it with some other computer.If it work with other computers, re-install windows, why to go through all this hassle.

Its fine if Bluetooth adapter is not listed in Device Manager.

Go to BIOS and check for Bluetooth/WiFi adapters, you can disable/enable Bluetooth and WiFi adapter from BIOS.

Would have been better if you had posted your Laptops model and some basic information.

Just read your post again, and you are using an external adapter.

Check it with some other computer.

If it work with other computers, re-install windows, why to go through all this hassle.

ok thanks!

yes, you are right but i use the bt service turn off and on through this method.unplug the usb and plug it again. You should find this service there for definite. Because these services must be started at back end to run the program uninterrupted and in this panel you find all the back end services.Sort the name list and check / Find it again ( name is "Bluetooth support service").

yes, you are right but i use the bt service turn off and on through this method.
unplug the usb and plug it again. You should find this service there for definite. Because these services must be started at back end to run the program uninterrupted and in this panel you find all the back end services.

Sort the name list and check / Find it again ( name is "Bluetooth support service").

i appreciate your answer -- and your patience -- alex! will follow your suggestion. thanks! 🙂

please let us know in either case problem resolved or not.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the help; the bluetooth service still doesn't show when i plug in the usb. I don't have a second computer so I'll have to ask a friend's help to check if it's the bluetooth device that's causing the problem. Thanks again guys.