Airtel, Vodafone and Reliance Jio have all reduced call ringing time while TRAI decides on regulations

Crazyguy030601

Castiel, mea salvator
ISP
Airtel
Speaking of shoddiness, has anybody noticed reduced ringing time in outgoing calls in Jio 4G? Outgoing calls ring for significantly less amount of time in Jio as compared to Airtel or Vodafone.

Oh, of course TRAI is gonna favour Jio. This is freaking insane! I'm missing many calls because of this. So Jio thinks that we all should be glued to our phones all the time?🙄

so call just disconnects after a few seconds? what about incoming calls from non-jio networks?

In my opinion it should be minimum 45 seconds imagine the case of elderly people, or those who can’t respond quickly will face missed calls and inconvenience. This shit practice should be stopped. Now trai is pug of Jio will do it in favour of them only. Comfort of customers should be first seen before implementing something forcebly. I see it as to earn money through interconnection charges and to offload voice traffic from its network which is already stressed up.

Because Jio has the largest voice customers in the country due to Jio phone sales thus making this type of mess to earn more money.. There are some blind Jio bhaktas over the internet who praised Jio as Saint after all he is a cunning business man who will do anything to earn more money. My main concern is it is leading to inconvenience to the customers.

Last edited:
People familiar with matter at Airtel and Vodafone Idea (VIL), who asked not to be named, blamed the Mukesh Ambani-led telco for recently limiting the duration of rings for calls being made from its network to just 20 seconds – or just 4-5 rings – which triggers a call-back, aimed at ensuring a call terminates on Jio’s network, generating interconnect revenue for the telecom market leader.

Ref: India's richest man and his rivals are fighting over missed calls - ET Telecom

For the last two incoming calls, the rings were heard only for about 20 seconds only. Both calls are from Jio 4G. I was blaming my friends & family on why they don't give me full rings and cut the ring before I answer them. It is bit irritating as I had to unlock the phone and call back that wastes about another 20 - 40 seconds. Now I know why. Another fight among the mobile operators. Usually consumers get benefits out of it. This time, consumers are taken for a ride.

Yes, I too noticed it recently. Ring for 20secs only. Feels like the network has disconnected between ringing.

Finally, I'm back on BSNL 3g. Data speeds are not enough to compete with other 4g providers, but still better than indoor Jio 4g. + getting that old ring time.

What I don't understand is by being an IP network how can they save money by reducing ringing time!