• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,094

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
Firstly, let me clarify that Ive started this thread NOT to defame BIG or something like dat. Please do not make this a HOT thread, those interested ur presence is most unwelcome here 😀

To topic, Yesterday I was surfing websites of all DTH ops to look for their Entry offers (Airtel, Videocon and D2H) for my frnd who wants to purchase new DTH connection. Didnt recommend him TS(Expensive) and Dish TV(NEO channels).

So got in BIG TV website, hmm 1st time I was seeing the big tv website after they changed 😀 got to dis link

Why BIG TV - BIG TV vs Others

Now several misleading information is been given by BIG TV in terms of other operators.

1) No. of Channels: 150 in Tata Sky which is wrong , TS has currently 180 channels. They almost left one MPEG-4 transponder 😀
Even Airtel has more channels which is mentioned in BG TV website

2) Parental Control: They have mentioned dis features :

* Enables to lock a channel
* Block programs based on their content rating
* Can be unlocked only by using your unique PIN

These features are present in Tata Sky also, dont know abt others.

Interactive TV, control what your children watch on your TV, satellite television India

3) Guide : They have mentioned 2 days advance programming and have not selected Tata sky. Infact, Tata Sky has 4 days EPG. So dont know what made BIG TV unselect dat option too. Maybe for Dish tv too.

So why is BIG TV giving wrong information abt other DTH's in their website? Just to mislead the customers? I have already forwarded dis to higher officials of Tata Sky and they wud love to register a case against dem 😛

This might be due to non-updation since long. Anyway, this is unprofessional and misleading to consumer. Despite pathetic Customer Care and its Logo I would prefer BIG TV among others for its best PQ and reasonable Packages(though D2H has best pack).

This might be due to non-updation since long. Anyway, this is unprofessional and misleading to consumer.

Despite pathetic Customer Care and its Logo I would prefer BIG TV among others for its best PQ and reasonable Packages(though D2H has best pack).

Agreed. No one can beat BIG in terms of PQ. They shud improve their disastrous CC and the horrendous logo. Cant they afford to update the website.

Yes, They have to either update this or removed this old information. As its very old info and with current scenerio its misleading to other viewers.

just because of this misleading i have lost 2 months subscription. I checked website 15 months back which stated that recharge 10 months packages with xxxx.xx amount and get 2 months free. So i did recharged from my cc and after 10 months service was unavailable for me, so by contacting customer care ( after caling more then 15-20 times to get in touch with customer care/ there office hrs etc ) i got to know, i have to call customer care after i recharge and make request to activate 12 months pack, i was like WTF :O it was not mentioned anywhere on website that if i recharge i have to call customer care and so.. i asked the CC person give me number of ur manager so he instead of giving number just fwded call to some other idiot cc guy and he was like yes sir i m his senior tell me whats ur prob so he said same thing that it was not written on website so u should have called cc and made sure if such plan exists so t was anotehr shock for me ( i was like .. man then why u have given that on website if urself dont know if such plan exists or not 😛 ) so again i asked him give me number of manager i dont want to ur seniors or juniors so after shitty music for 15 minutes one another idiot took the call and he replied i m team leader here and reply of prob was "you have to contact cc if u recharging no matter if u recharging online or by pressing keys on mobile.. "so i asked ok so now i request to give me that plan so he said now we cant give u 2 months free because ur money is already finished in 10 months rent and he cant do anything about that. so i asked him give me number of your manager or divisional manager who is the main person so again he said i am the main person and there is no one on my head ( what the f man!! u dont report anyone?? so he said no 😛 😛 so i realized i m talking to some bullshit who is pretending he is owner of RCommunictaions) he continued with if u want you can mail us one reliance@customercare.com < i dont remeber that exactly now> so i asked how many days it will take for reply he said that is not in my hand, it can be 24 hrs or weeks or more days.. i cant assure you, so i said will it take 1 month? he said i m not sure... i was like whats going on and i gave up my 2months free subscription... reliance can never be BIG if they will keep disappointing there customers by such poor customer care replies and lack of problem solving fundas.

@^^This is BIG TV CC. Still the website is the same, they havent updated from August onwards.

mr ambani is not interested in DTH business anymore...may be it is not giving them enough revenue 🙂

In recent rcom AGM they put their ambition to be biggest DTH operator.

mr ambani is not interested in DTH business anymore...may be it is not giving them enough revenue 🙂

Ah they have already mobbed up 3.4 million customers it seems