Mirai communications, New network

• Thread starter Thread starter puns009
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 41,896
Does Hathway set top box work with Mirai? We are using hathway but our cable operator is telling that he will switch to Mirai.

no..it wont work with hathway STB. your Lco Will change it and give a new STB given by Mirai.

Local cabel operator says that he will give Mirai STB only if we have bought Hathway STB from him. This is so frustrating that unnecessarily we have to buy another STB and hathway one will become unusable for us.

neelesh said:
Local cabel operator says that he will give Mirai STB only if we have bought Hathway STB from him. This is so frustrating that unnecessarily we have to buy another STB and hathway one will become unusable for us.
I have an incable settop box and slowly the channels are reducing. When contacted the cable operator says we have to switch to Mirai settop box. He is saying the cost is 2000 Rs and he will reduce 500 by taking back the incable settop box. Looks like the prices are not consistent across different cable operators. No sign of the HD box yet.

lakshman741 said:
Stay tuned,
hi lakshman..i still see that Suvarna Plus channel is not added in the network.Kindly add this channel.
Update on any new channel that would be added in coming days 😉
Also would like to know why is that sometimes all channels gets switched off. When contacted LCO,informed its switched off From main office, Is their any up gradation going on?

Why is Zee network and Suvarna network channels off air?
Seems like there is no end to this network problems

i got the information that the broadcasters are asking for a higher payment from Mirai network and that is why channels of Zee Network ,suvarna network and few others are being blocked and operator are in talks with them.This might be resolved within couple of days.

I was told by my cable operator that from coming months the customer will have to select the packages (Like Sports or Movies Etc) as in DTH connection which I do not like.
Mirai is a new cable tv provider, they do not have a HD set top box connection. The channel navigation is damn slow, it takes around 5 seconds to bring the channel on screen.
They do not pay the channel broadcasters on time as a result the Star package is currently off Mirai.
They are not as big as Hathway, around 80% of Bangalore still use Hathway. The service of Mirai Communication is pathetic, they do not have a dedicated customer support. Their Webpage " http://www.setech.in/ " itself is still not fully functional. (Click on certain links and it does not open).
Hathway currently offers more than 400 + channels in Bangalore, they have a dedicated customer service support.
There are always blockages in some or the other channels. I think I wasted my money taking up their connection. I regret. I have planned to take up Videocon D2H as I do not want to deal with the cable operators anymore.

Lakshman, When will we get Sun Network channels? I think there is no point in continuing with Mirai connection. USELESS connection
Mr.Alex, You're paying 200/month and getting more than 250+ channels, If you say our connection is useless then you probably have to consult a doctor. no network gives you this many channels for 200rs, and Sun network is off becuase they are demanding to pay higher amount, we are trying to give u all channels for 200rs. Soon it will be on

Lakshman, When will we get Sun Network channels? I think there is no point in continuing with Mirai connection. USELESS connection

Hi Alex, I agree with Lakshman.. no network in Bangalore gives so many channels for a lesser price of 200-250.
Due to some issues the Sun network is off air.Probably you need to wait till HD is released from them.

I also heard that Mirai is coming up with HD STB soon and
Their new website is Mirai Communications

Thanks 🙂