Minimum ₹128 is required for extension of validity by 28 days ?

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 13,858
I used to do the same with MTNL but now even that are charging in excess of ₹2000 for a yearly pack. I guess, except for BSNL, all the players are at the same page and BSNL will be forced to raise tariffs so that they can come up with 4G infrastructure at the time of 6G. 🙄

Hey,
I'm trying to understand what sort of recharges my domestic help's prepaid Airtel Sim would need, since I'm a bit confused.

He usually makes 60% of his calls via WhatsApp using our wifi, 20% to local numbers and 20% to Nepal. Also, he doesn't use 4G/internet on his phone except wifi to video call back home.

I'm a little confused as to what all recharges are needed ie, there seems to be one for talk time and another for validity. Right now, he's done a 100 + 155 one but it might be out of his budget to do this every 28 days.

What's the cheapest or most cost effective way to perform his recharges that gives him both validity and talk time of around INR 100 per month?

Got it. So this means Airtel requires 2 separate recharges as I understand them below:
  1. First for 1,799 which gives validity + some data + unlimited local calls
  2. Second for say 100, which gives around 81 talktime - used exclusively for calling to Nepal

Anything I understood incorrectly?

ugh. yeah. yearly plan does not have any actual talktime for international (and premium calls). so you would need to add talktime when required to make calls to nepal. and nepal charges a lot for these calls. around 10 rupees per minute iirc. usa is like 10% of this lol.

they had a nepal isd plan that offered calls at slightly lower rates. not sure if it is still available.

Last edited:
Nepal calls on Airtel cost 7.99 rupees per minute. I know It because I call to Nepal regularly. Airtel is the cheapest. Jio charges 11 rupees, Vi charges 12.99 rupees. Please don't ask about BSNL because only sarkaar knows 🥱.

Edit : Just tested with BSNL right now and it costs 12 rupees per minute.

India to Nepal call rates (High to Low) :
1. Vi : 12.99₹
2. BSNL : 12₹
3. Jio : 11₹
4. Airtel : 7.99₹

Last edited:
Why not make WhatsApp call to those number, is it possible?

Needs data on other side. Not always possible. Data is expensive in Nepal and at least in my cook's case, he calls first and they turn on data and then he makes WhatsApp call or something.

Broadband is fairly cheap there. Exception being remote hilly areas. Mobile data (4G) also costs something like 500 INR per month for 2 GB/day data and unlimited calls & SMS.