Migration To 3G (Usim) physically...is dat possible?

Piyush Chandra

Curious!
ISP
BSNL-DSL
hii am on bsnl 2g prepaid ryt now. have ported into bsnl from idea three weeks back.the thing is i want to migrate to 3g through a physciall connection. i.e migrate from 2g to 3g by taking a Usim having higher memory (the no. being same)can that be possible??also if it is can the balance and validity that i have right now (1yr left)...would that be carried forward to the new Usim card that i will get. and the call rates will be the same i.e 49p/mtried to talk to bsnl cc 1503 but they cant get me exactly.

U shd be able to. Even theoritically speaking, its like opting for a replacement sim AND opting for USIM.. It might cost U Rs.59 though. All other balalnces and services should remain as is..

yes ur very right. actually i have done that.....

3 days ago i went and bought a replacement 3G sim by paying them 66rs. they said the sim would be activated by evening. but till now m on 2g sim. the USim that i have
havent got activated yet.

when i put that usim in my phone, it shows no towers or bsnl service tho my phone is usim compatible.

now how to get that sim activated and wt to do in such case??

----------

also talking to cc the girl told me ur no. is a 2g no. recharge it with 6rs to convert it to 3g. still i tried to explain her the matter that what i want but she cudnt get me till the last and kept sayin the same thing.

With my experience with BSNL, I can say that, if any service is not activated withing 24 hrs, UR request is misplaced. Better contact the same person from whom U have taken the replacement SIM. he is supposed initiate the activation.

yea think have to do that. tho m sick of visiting bsnl office. they almost took four days to activate my 2g prepaid sim (ported in sim).btw in replacement sim case.....do we have to keep the sim in the mobile (so as it can get activated). Is that so?

btw in replacement sim case.....do we have to keep the sim in the mobile (so as it can get activated).

Is that so?

You don't need to.
Usually you shall get an update on your existing number/sim.
But considering it from bsnl, there is no catch.