• Thread starter Thread starter svagyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,874
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Local cable-net
I received an email last month that Tata Indicom was ceasing its residential ISP operations and all existing customers would be migrated to Tata Docomo while keeping the same plan on the same wiring infrastructure. In that email, it was mentioned that KYC procedure for the Docomo account was to be completed by 15th April, failing which the connection would be terminated at April end. Now, someone from Tata was to call to setup an appointment for a house visit to collect the KYC documents.
Well, so far, no one from Tata has called, and it's the 15th today. I have sent them 3-4 emails over the past 10 days, and the basic reply has been that my case was escalated to priority, and that's about it.
Does anyone know more? If you're a Indicom customer, has your KYC visit occurred?

No one?

What's the future of indicom when merged under docomo umbrella? Customer care doesn't know what plans are available after migration.

Hi, another Tata Indicom user here.
Personally I'm really excited for the migration and hope we get access to Docomo's plans.
I see a plan which offers 6Meg/512K with a FUP of 160GB for roughly the same price I'm paying right now for a 1Meg/512K (85GB FUP) plan.

Soham Pal said:
Hi, another Tata Indicom user here.
Personally I'm really excited for the migration and hope we get access to Docomo's plans.
I see a plan which offers 6Meg/512K with a FUP of 160GB for roughly the same price I'm paying right now for a 1Meg/512K (85GB FUP) plan.
If your tata network is old, they might not offer docomo connection on fiber (which is required for their 2+ mbps plans).

Well, I've been using this connection for around 5 years now. I guess that counts me out. I was really looking forward to it, too. ):
I wonder if I could possibly unsubscribe and sign up for a new connection? Seems worth the hassle for the substantial upgrade.

So... I guess the migration just "happened"?
I can still log in to my Indicom account and it feels no different, didn't get a mail or anything either.
Did anyone else get new credentials or something similar yet?

Soham Pal said:
Well, I've been using this connection for around 5 years now. I guess that counts me out. I was really looking forward to it, too. ):
I wonder if I could possibly unsubscribe and sign up for a new connection? Seems worth the hassle for the substantial upgrade.
I too had connection from 2007 to 2013. I was stupid to let my that quick time with night unlimited (in Rs.300/month) plan expire. Anyway now I've jumped on tata again after going through terrible experience of tikona. I can get any docomo plans upto 2mbps only. If I want faster connection they insist on getting fibre with expensive indicom plans(leased). You can get their Rs. 1999 2mpbs truly unlimited plan. I know someone who has this plan and easily uses 200-300 gb per month.
The way I understand, how their network work, They have a Cisco server centrally located which can spit out total 84 connections. Those 84 connections are carried in sets of 12 to different different localities through cables (so total 7 cables). At the end of a such cable your WAN cable is plugged. So the problem that they have is they never developed any fibre network. That CISCO server is 1 km away from my place so they are not going lay down a new fibre network just for me. If you have that server located very near you then you might have some chance.
And you can take a new connection without unsubscribing the old.
Soham Pal said:
So... I guess the migration just "happened"?
I can still log in to my Indicom account and it feels no different, didn't get a mail or anything either.
Did anyone else get new credentials or something similar yet?

Gyan said:
Nothing yet.
They are going to keep the old plans for old customers on new docomo network.
Anyway what plans are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.