Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Midnight's Children (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://imgur.com/G2RPm

I have not read the book. I guess I need to find a copy!

Satya Bhabha as Saleem Sinai[2]
Shriya Saran[3] as Parvati
Darsheel Safary as Saleem Sinai (as a child)
Anupam Kher as Ghani
Shabana Azmi as Naseem
Seema Biswas as Mary
Samrat Chakrabarti as Wee Willie Winkie
Rajat Kapoor as Aadam Aziz
Soha Ali Khan[4] as Jamila
Rahul Bose as Zulfikar
Siddharth Narayan as Shiva
Anita Majumdar as Emerald
Shahana Goswami[5]as Amina
Chandan Roy Sanyal as Joseph D'Costa[6]
Ronit Roy as Ahmed Sinai[7]
Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Picture Singh
Shikha Talsania as Alia
Zaib Shaikh as Nadir Khan
Sarita Choudhury as The Lady
Vinay Pathak as Hardy
Kapila Jeyawardena as Governor
Ranvir Shorey as Laurel
Suresh Menon as Field Marshall
Rajesh Khera

Amazing start cast I would say!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Fxd19zXorWY&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Midnight's Children is an epic film from Oscar-nominated director Deepa Mehta, based on the Booker Prize winning novel by Salman Rushdie. At the stroke of midnight on August 15, 1947, as India proclaims independence from Great Britain, two newborn babies are switched by a nurse in a Bombay hospital. Saleem Sinai, the illegitimate son of a poor woman, and Shiva, the offspring of a wealthy couple, are fated to live the destiny meant for each other. Their lives become mysteriously intertwined and are inextricably linked to India's whirlwind journey of triumphs and disasters. From the unlikely romance of Saleem's grandparents to the birth of his own son, Midnight's Children is a journey at once sweeping in scope and yet intimate in tone. Hopeful, comic and magical -- the film conjures images and characters as rich and unforgettable as India herself.

well i did not see rahul bose in the trailer but he is. the cast as mentioned in the first post is pretty long. trailer of course focused on important characters.considering the director (mira nair) i guess even the smallish roles are being played by well known actors. who wouldn't in such a project? good shot at oscars!