Mid-Month FUP Reset on Beam Fiber Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter powerwatts
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 24,756
Did you have to logout and login from the portal page for the reset to happen ?Or, you were connected all the time and the reset happened by itself ?

Did you have to logout and login from the portal page for the reset to happen ?

Or, you were connected all the time and the reset happened by itself ?
iam normally connected all the time. Yesterday i cleared the cache and logined again. Noticed youtube videos buffering faster than usual. Did a download and got 1.1 to 1.5 MBps speeds on torrents. AFAIK reset happened somewhere in the evening.

Also my net was down for 8 hours some 4-5 days back. Gave a complaint to CC and net was restored in 1 hour. But yesterday beam technical team came to my house asking me what the problem was. I said my prob and they said that the house next to my apartment which had the beam connection box was being switched off by people in that house by mistake. (They old me that beam box draws power from that house and beam pays the money for the power utilised by the box to those people in the house)

----------

EDIT: even though my speed got reset, my usage is not reset

For the whole of May, I have just one record while I was connected all the time all thru the month so far. Dunno whats happening. And "My Account" was showing "70GB used out of 30GB" before the reset happened and now that usage meter is not there. So can't monitor my usage now.

Coz after 30GB the speeds falls to 2Mbps from 10Mbps on my plan.

Pushed 315GB in 165h 15min 15sec ~ 553kB/s. No FUP. I'm on 10Mbps plan

Woah! How is that even possible. The moment I touch 30GB I get FUP-ed. Plus, whatever are you downloading so much and where ever are you storing them on with hard drives being so costly at the moment.

Pushed 315GB in 165h 15min 15sec ~ 553kB/s. No FUP. I'm on 10Mbps plan
How do you login in beam?

Through beam portal or 24hour online client?

- - - Updated - - -

EDT: Net was down from two days. Was having exams so didnt bother to call the customer care. Exams finished yesterday and called CC yesterday. said the usual We'll have a technician sent in 24hrs" story.

Again called today afternoon and net was restored around 6 o clock and they called my number and informed me the same. And just now noticed, my speed is back to post FUP speed (2mbps) 😕

- - - Updated - - -

Speed back up for me.

Woah! How is that even possible. The moment I touch 30GB I get FUP-ed. Plus, whatever are you downloading so much and where ever are you storing them on with hard drives being so costly at the moment.

I usually grab torrents through IRC channels of private trackers. I use SCC the most. Love the seeders there. Almost everyone has a box, so, I max out my 10Mbps line.

Torrents on irc.... That is something new for me. Could you pm me channel and server if you dont mind.

Speed back up for me.
https://i.imgur.com/aRYmy.png
Again, did you logout and log back in to get to 10Mbps from the 2Mbps or did it happen by itself while you were connected ?
Btw, you need to disable DHT if you are using private trackers.

Torrents on irc.... That is something new for me. Could you pm me channel and server if you dont mind.
You need to have an account on the tracker to auto-dl from the IRC announce.

Again, did you logout and log back in to get to 10Mbps from the 2Mbps or did it happen by itself while you were connected ?
Btw, you need to disable DHT if you are using private trackers.

You need to have an account on the tracker to auto-dl from the IRC announce.
yes. i downloaded a torrent and kept the setting on utorrent as "Shutdown after downloads complete"

When i switched on the pc again in the morning, ihad to login into beam and from then getting 10mbps speed.

That is a torrent from public site ,not a private one

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.speedtest.net
Crossed fup but getting 10 mbps speeds. But see the upload 😱

Noticed yesterday that FUP has been reset. before reset however, I had logged out and when I logged in again it was 15 Mbps.Do I need to inform about this glitch to beam CC? Worrying because I do not want to pay anything unwanted.

Noticed yesterday that FUP has been reset. before reset however, I had logged out and when I logged in again it was 15 Mbps.

Do I need to inform about this glitch to beam CC? Worrying because I do not want to pay anything unwanted.
No man. No need to call he CC. FUP reset happens to many of us. Sometimes it resets, sometimes it does not. No need to worry. Just enjoy your luck