microsoft xp startup problem

• Thread starter Thread starter dotskey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 8,386

dotskey

my startup time is around 3 min,which is really annoying,i hv p3,128 mb ram,866 MHz,and nothin on startup,still then my startup is really slow,i m usin xp. 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

XP needs 512 megs to function properly. 128 would just get you a system which you have. slow. p3 is quite old already. get back to win2k or try reinstalling for a temp minor speed boost.

take out 64 megs from your system and xp would still run. microsoft does not say that the system would boot up in 20 seconds if you run it on 64 megs. running and working in optimal condition... two very different things.

seriously, u cannot do much to speed up xp on a p3 machine with 128 megs ram... the question here is.do you really need xp?

p3 500 mhz 192mb ram 50 secs ( microsoft barebone edition 😀) with all useless service and facelifts disabled.Barebone edition is not a microsoft product (its just that xp has been ripped to bare minimum , xp installation is now only 280mb🙂 )

im running xp on p3 500 mhz 128 mb ram. 😀my pc takes ages to start, i literally take a nap. :lol: (not that long tough, it taks 6-7 mins :lol🙂 dunno how im bearing it.but soon ill be getting my new pc and then no worries at all. 🙂btw, are you using any antivirus software? coz any antivirus software you have will really slow your startup time. try uninstalling and see for yourself. if i uninstall my antivirus software, it starts up in 1 min. 🙂

My XP Pro installation used to boot up in 15-20 seconds, the first year and a half. Since then, it's settled down to around 30-35 secs. Am talking abt my desktop here.Bought a laptop in january. Came preloaded with xp home w/ sp2. The start-up time was around 25-30 secs. But then i downloaded and ran Registry Mechanic and while scanining it kept crashing. This happened a few times. It finally finished scanning and supposedly fixed everything up. After that when i rebooted, it took abnormally long to start-up. Like a minute-and a half. Subsequently i uninstalled the damn program. But the prob still remains. And another thing that's happening since that scan is that if am listening to music and i open any application (anythin that causes a spike in the cpu usage basically), then the sound starts stuttering and crackling. Anyone faced this?...can i get away without a OS re-install..

Try NOD 32 as ur antivirus and it wont take that much of ram 🙂 or time to load..Or still better get Linux (ubuntu, or linspire(if u are using linux for 1st tiem, quite fimiliar to window's and in many ways better than ut ))😛, it will take a little less time.