Microsoft Should Abandon Vista?

Any review for Windows Server Edition 2003? My friend just removed his XP and installed it. He found it much much faster than XP, but he says the permission things are annoying.

windows servers r like that only...no eye candy, so faster then their siblings of the same generation...

i have problems with network connections on vista.especially with wifi. wifi connection on vista is just totally stupid.

Vista is certainly not bad ... It has some very cool features... I supposeit has become the norm nowdays to slam MS whtever the matter be 😉

max, are you using old/beta/pirated version of vista??? 🙂iirc, java and aero problem existed as a bug and was fixed by sun/ms already...right, its funny when people install beta/pirated software and with malware as well, then blame ms for the problems! plus some device drivers are poorly written and cause instability which normally gets blamed on windows 🙂

@vishalrao, @hitman and all the other people, I use Linux. I use Fedora and I tried out Vista just as a curiosity. I found it laughable. No offense people but Beryl kicks some serious aero a$$. Boot time of my Fedora server is much faster than my Vista DESKTOP ( notice the difference!! ). Fedora is far more reliable, secure and faster than Vista. Moreover, Vista somehow manages to exhaust my 1 GB of DDR RAM. I dont know how it managed but it did it. Fedora leaves 700+ MB free when its heavily loaded.Facts speak for themselves 😉

Can u run softwares like dreamweaver, photoshop etc on it??? Can u run games on it?? I am not saying linux is crap... Its far advanced than windows but ppl want to do the things in easy way ... It is easy for us guys to install and configure some software on linux but for 90% of the users... windows is the easiest platform and it will remain so until linux figure out how to make system more user friendly ...

yes right hitman , i dont know why people hate vista and microsoft products,even when they have grown up with microsoft products, and they even use micosoft products, i dont think that linux can even come close to vista and xp. its not that i hate linux .

We use microsoft products and still detest them 'cause we have no other choice. Mac's too expensive and linux just doesn't get the software support like windows does from adobe etc. I completely agree with Max.Microsoft OS's have a problem right in their base (MS DOS) compared to which Mac(Unix) is much much ahead and so is probably linux. Just because Microsoft is the most popular doesn't mean it's the best OS. Microsoft Vista is basically like a scooter having the body of a bus and the basic reason is that in Microsoft, the marketing department has a much more influence than the programming dept. If this continues, one day Microsoft will crush under its own weight

heh. i successfully managed to move to linux but i still appreciate microsoft for windows. no matter how hard it is for me to move to linux, they were the ones who got me to know computers at all.

@max: i cant say anything about vista coz i only used a beta version for a few hours last year 🙂 but i'll say this "WinXP is far more reliable, secure and faster than Fedora" ! hows that for "facts" loli agree linux is damn good these days (i do notice bootup and shutdown are faster) and vista is a memory hog, but calling Fedora "far more" reliable, secure, faster just sounds like jingoism by a linux zealot.i dual boot winxp and ubuntu on a p4 at home and work and i find BOTH OSes just as slow but reliable, especially when multitasking 🙂

Well, the point is that Vista doesn't score above XP at all. I appreciate Windows as well but Vista's just not worth the hype. XP is much much better.

i have friends here who did not move on to xp till 2004... they said 98 was the greatest OS for them till then.time changes... as more applications are released optimized for vista, more people would start appreciating vista.incidentally the same friend is currently on vista. and he is pretty happy with it. has no desire to move back to xp.

Looks like I'll be gettin a whole 80GB harddisk in around Nov just for Linux distros. Maybe then I can have like a "deca-boot". For now, only 4GB space alotted to PClos. Waitin for Ubuntu Gutsy Stable version to release and just don't have the time to try out Beta versions.