Microsoft Outlook Updates

No Reps🙁

MSN Live Hotmail access problems reportedSoftware giant Microsoft has confirmed that some of the users of their Hotmail webmail service are facing access problems to the service.The problem was not limited to hotmail alone. Users were unable to access any service which requires a Microsoft login. These included the companyâs Xbox Live and MSN Live [...]

MSN Live Hotmail access problems reported

I have a TATA broadband connection. I am facing this problem from the day one I configured TATA.

I have my corporate email server account with Network Solutions with the domain name ontarget-media.com. I am not able to configure email ids on Outlook with this domain using the TATA broadband connection.

I tried calling the customer service but they gave me a reply saying we can help only if its a vsnl id, practically no corporate use generic email ids and I am sure people would be using thier propreitory email servers.

Can anyone help me to configure my email account using Outlook express ?

I tried the settings with the below details:
Incoming server : mail.ontarget-media.com (I am able to receive mails)
Outgoing server : smtp.vsnl.com (Not able to send mails)

I also tried smtp.vsnl.net but in vain. I got the same result. Can anybody instruct on the above subject ?

Thanks,

Sujit Nair
SEO, PPC & Online Marketing |Content Writing Services|Web Design & Development - On Target Media & Marketing, Singapore

members/nairsujit/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
1.You can receive emails with any email ID(* conditions apply for YahooMail) with Tataindicom ISP connection. in Outlook Express/Outlook.
2. You can send emails (messages )normally only with Tataindicom abcd @ vsnl. com or vsnl. net .
3. Exceptions hotmail/googlemail /Yahoo mail ( for indian co.in address) I use Dataone.
4. POP3 and SMTP ID/password to be entered for each account.
5. Enter your company's outgoing SMTP server in this program and try.
eprompter from ePrompter Free eMail Notification Software.
endorse CC or BCC to your TataID. to save sent messages.

Hi All,

I have a *.vsnl.net email ID. Simply I want to know how I configure my outlook express in DataOne Broadband connection to sending and receiving emails.

Soumya

@members/soumyanaskar/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
With your @ vsnl.net or @ vsnl.com ID you cannot send e mails using Dataone connection. You can receive mail if the Tata account is still valid. If you have disconnected your email ID is lost/no longer valid.
see Dataone WebMail
Book mark this site.

are you sure about that essbebe.. i remember long ago when i had dial up from vsnl.. i used to use their email.. and when i shifted to broadband.. i was able to check and send email in vsnl using broadband.. this was long time ago.. probably has changed

@superprash2003 YES. Read the question . He wants to send email with vsnl ID in BSNL BB ( dataone)What you say you have done, may be same ISP both for Dialup and broadband. 2.Instructions for OE settings. . Link site available in bsnl webmail site. @members/soumyanaskar/As I said , if your VSNL email ID is still active try this program if BSNL is your ISP.You can send/receive emails for 12 e mail IDs on any ISP. Check the sent messages appear in respective sent folder, after you sent a message.eprompter from eprompter.com

Hi, I have tried to configure my outlook using following details Incoming mail server :'mail.xyztravels.in'Outgoing mail server :'smtp.xyztravels.in' It gives me the foll. Error The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'testme123@gmail.com'. Subject 'sdfsdfdsf', Account: 'mail.xyztravels.in', Server: 'smtp.xyztravels.in', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 : Client host rejected: Access denied', Port: 225, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 So can anyone help with it ... i think the Outgoing mail server should point to ISPs ( BSNL in my case ) outgoing server ?

members/vikram-raste/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
for bsnl pop3 smma.bsnl.in nmma.bsnl.in and wmma.bsnl.in
For bsnl smtp smra.bsnl.in , nmra.bsnl.in and wmra.bsnl.in.
You can receive any with any email ID ( including yahoo.co.in),
but cannot send.( except gmail ID . Don't have Yahoo.co.in acct. )
send emails only with abcd @ bsnl.in.
ref : Dataone WebMail OE/outlook settings link also available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Unforunately it doesnt work, i tried with nmra.bsnl.in and wmra.bsnl.in. as SMTP service
Outgoing mail SMTP service port is : 25

I get the following error
"
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.xyztravels.in', Server: 'wmma.bsnl.in', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F "

please help.

1.Can you send and receive messages in Outlook with your abc @ bsnl.in ID ?
2. What is your ID for xyztravels.in?
Like abc @ yahoo.co.in
abc @ gmail.com
abc @ hotmail.com etc.
YOU cannot SEND email with abc @ xyztravels.in your BSNL BB connection.
Try here with @ bsnl.in only.
Dataone WebMail
see OE configuration link.