Microsoft Outlook Updates

Yes hotmail leads because it was very popular in early days. And many people used MSN messenger too.So now people still signup for hotmail because their friends use MSN messenger. So they sign up for MSN messenger indirectly getting hotmail account too.I guess people still dont know they can use any e-mail id for MSN messenger.

I have a hotmail id, created it just for using it on messenger. Don't really remember when I created the first id. I had many actually and I forgot passwords of most of them.I never liked hotmail to be honest, it's the same shit with different colors, each update (not really).

well no of users on hotmail is low as compared to other popular mailing sites. so its much faster more space. sometimes it wont login. dont what maybe the problem.... maybe they update their algorithm regularly to improve security.... MAYBE!
Are you making guesses or speaking with some knowledge? Hotmail is the most used email service in the world. MOST used. Second is Yahoo, and then GMail

just give it another go. the latest update is freaking fast.
I agree. The new incarnation is quite speedy.

This actually caused problem with a friend not with hotmail but yahoo mail.Yahoo kept showing that "your account is compromised, please change password"It seems that some other friend clicked on that "My friends been hacked"So work around was to change password and then again change it back to original.

from what hotmail developers posted, just a single report would not block your friend's account. their system would check internally if that account is being used to send phishing/spammy emails. and if there are enough instances, then it would be labeled as compromised. 🙂

As I said, it was yahoo account. May be yahoo has different policy. Not sure though.

yes. get Id for email from Exchange.
Try in their webmail page. Login
Ask them POP3 and smtp details also. for OE Outlook/thunderbird etc.
different to users with Ip 59.xx.xx.xx and @ dataone in.
ONLY for REF:Dataone Mail Client Configuration
feedback.

May be of interest: Sent mails not saved.
ePrompter Free eMail Notification Software

Presume your email ID is abcd_1234 @bsnl.in default PW: password

To Access mails by POPMAIL (e.g. outlook express, Thunderbird, Eudora etc.) use

SMTP Server : smtp.bsnl.co.in
POP server : mail.bsnl.co.in
In the mail user name give userid with domain name e.g xyz @ bsnl.in
Do not select SSL option as this facility is not supported.
Do select "My server requires authentication" option.

again. i suggest to every one... do not use your ISP's provided email IDs. it is not a good long term solution.