Microsoft Office Updates

And this is how I got O2K13. Some kind soul on the forum gave me his license through this route.

I bought 2010 like this. But there is a small caveat. These type of license are valid as long as you are with the company. So, in a way its like getting the Win8 @ 699 kind of thing that happened.
http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/faq.aspx
The Home Use Program is a Software Assurance benefit available to Microsoft volume licensing customers with active Software Assurance coverage on their Office applications. Employees who use the covered licenses at work are eligible to purchase these Office applications for use on a home PC during the term of their employment. This temporary license expires with the employers Software Assurance coverage, or upon termination of employment with the covered customer.

aww. i hope my license stays active 😛 for another year or so.
The other alternative is to buy through my friend in microsoft. I think it costs USD 60.
In any case, if other forum members are interested, we can pool resources to get the Office 365 edition. 800-900 rupees per year for full office with additional storage space on skydrive is quite nice.

Well, count me out. Though desktop still has MS-Office. I have moved on to Kingsoft Office on my laptop, which meets my need sufficiently.
I wonder how many actually uninstall when they or the person who bought it for them, quits...

Office 2013 works in a virtual environment. If the license is revoked, it would simply stop working.

But are they going to track, who is still in employment and stuff. In the sense, will the license be "revoked" once a person quits.

assuming it is connected to company's internal network or whatever, could be easy or impossible to detect 🙂