Micromax Fun Book!!

ISP
BSNL EVDO
Has Anyone used the recently released Micromax Fun Book Tablet? Is it worth buying? 😕I have read some reviews on the internet and most of them are saying that it is a good tab. Would like to hear from you all. 🙂

Don't know about tablets but I had horrible time using my micromax q7 phone. It was repaired twice and finally got a new piece after waiting for 2 months. So I would advice you to stay away from micromax.

Funbook has just released..you won't be getting a feedback so soon...But on the contrary you will be getting feedback about VeeDee though...I guess one of our member has a VeeDee.....What about iberry...??VeeDee has got a good Benchmark..thats why i suggested you...Every Company has to make a way through the market after all... 😕

That guy is me. I'm quite happy with the d10, posting this from the same. I would suggest you to have a look at d10e which has better features like true usb ports, no physical buttons in front etc. And why do you need to look for its service centre when they give onsite pick and drop warranty for a year.

Finally...Can you post some Screen shots and some personal experience point wise...I really want to buy a low budget tab anyways...it would be helpful to both of us i guess...!!

The screenshots are the same as of any stock ICS build. Here are some pros and cons of my 15 day old Veedee D10, which I felt:

Pros:
1. The UI is quite snappier and there is almost no lag.
2. The Android version is 4.0.3 which is just 1 version lower than the latest. I upgraded to a generic Ployer Momo9c firmware which is even better than the one preloaded with it. I'm sure the update will be officially provided by the vendor.
3. Most of the games which I tried worked without any issues (Angry Birds all versions, Temple Run, The Smurfs Village, Raging Thunder, Where's my water etc.)
4. The touch sensitivity is quite good.
5. I get around 5 hours battery backup with moderate and a bit high usage.
6. The firmware was prerooted and superuser app preloaded, vendor has promised that this will not affect its warranty.
7. Pick and drop onsite warranty for a year.
8. My 3G modem i.e. Huawei E1750 worked fine paired with Tata Docomo worked fine with this tablet.
9. Tablet can be charged with the 5v 2A charger bundled with separate Nokia type pin port as well as from the miniUSB port.
10. It played even 1080p mkv videos perfectly fine without any lag or stuttering. It played all the video formats thrown by me.
11. Audio quality is very good, but the bundled earphones sucks. Audio quality is excellent and pretty loud when I plugged my Sennheiser CX300.
12. Dedicated forum for sharing views and issues.

Cons:
1. Overall screen quality is not good, but can't complain for the price I got it for.
2. Viewing angle of the screen and screen resolution is a bit on the negative side, but again can't complain. It really hurts to see the screen after viewing the screen of my Defy+ with 265ppi pixel density.
3. Tablet tends to become a bit hot at the back after using it for a while, though it has not affected the performance in anyway.
4. 3G modem link goes off if the screen goes off, and you will have to unplug and plug it again to get the connectivity. Though there is an easy workaround for this. It may be fixed in the next firmware update.
5. USB port is a miniUSB, so for connecting USB devices you need to use the OTG cable, bundled with the pack.
6. HDMI port is a miniHDMI one, so you will have to use a converter cable which is not bundled with the pack.
7. The physical keys are a bit hard to press and sometimes doesn't register the key presses.
8. The internal speakers is not loud enough, manageable though.

If you still want to see the screenshots, please let me know.

The screenshots are the same as of any stock ICS build. Here are some pros and cons of my 15 day old Veedee D10, which I felt:

Pros:
1. The UI is quite snappier and there is almost no lag.
2. The Android version is 4.0.3 which is just 1 version lower than the latest. I upgraded to a generic Ployer Momo9c firmware which is even better than the one preloaded with it. I'm sure the update will be officially provided by the vendor.
3. Most of the games which I tried worked without any issues (Angry Birds all versions, Temple Run, The Smurfs Village, Raging Thunder, Where's my water etc.)
4. The touch sensitivity is quite good.
5. I get around 5 hours battery backup with moderate and a bit high usage.
6. The firmware was prerooted and superuser app preloaded, vendor has promised that this will not affect its warranty.
7. Pick and drop onsite warranty for a year.
8. My 3G modem i.e. Huawei E1750 worked fine paired with Tata Docomo worked fine with this tablet.
9. Tablet can be charged with the 5v 2A charger bundled with separate Nokia type pin port as well as from the miniUSB port.
10. It played even 1080p mkv videos perfectly fine without any lag or stuttering. It played all the video formats thrown by me.
11. Audio quality is very good, but the bundled earphones sucks. Audio quality is excellent and pretty loud when I plugged my Sennheiser CX300.
12. Dedicated forum for sharing views and issues.

Cons:
1. Overall screen quality is not good, but can't complain for the price I got it for.
2. Viewing angle of the screen and screen resolution is a bit on the negative side, but again can't complain. It really hurts to see the screen after viewing the screen of my Defy+ with 265ppi pixel density.
3. Tablet tends to become a bit hot at the back after using it for a while, though it has not affected the performance in anyway.
4. 3G modem link goes off if the screen goes off, and you will have to unplug and plug it again to get the connectivity. Though there is an easy workaround for this. It may be fixed in the next firmware update.
5. USB port is a miniUSB, so for connecting USB devices you need to use the OTG cable, bundled with the pack.
6. HDMI port is a miniHDMI one, so you will have to use a converter cable which is not bundled with the pack.
7. The physical keys are a bit hard to press and sometimes doesn't register the key presses.
8. The internal speakers is not loud enough, manageable though.

If you still want to see the screenshots, please let me know.

Ya. Please post some screenshots.

@androidfreak

Thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive review.

Some cheap 7" china tablets have problem connecting via USB 3G data card.you have clarified that with practical difficulties involved.

Also micro USB >USB connector required to connect any thing. data card/Tv etc.

heat is a issue. But this equipment should be used on the move /travelling or lying in sofa/bed to check mail/light browsing etc instead of sitting infront of desktop/laptop.

How much you paid? Did you buy it online or from a shop ?

How expensive it is compared to Micromax? (I trust micromax only for budget phones. Iam using Q1 for 2 years and few days back I bought Micromax X11i Dual sim phone (similar to Nokia 101@ rs 1400) for Rs 1139 COD from Saholic . (1800 mAh battery is the unique selling p[oint)

Even though I have Google Nexus One,Nexus-S & Galaxy Nexus in the house ,Iam indeed looking for a cheap 7" tablet for my wife to browse/mail (but screen bigger than her Nexus One) lying in the sofa /bed.:time-out:

----------

Post only one screen shot with your tablet linked to your 3G data card. if your house has wifi router with ADSL/Cable/3G internet ,it will be fine to browse via wifi in 7" tablet right? Data card hanging gtom tab -is it a bit inconvenient ?

@androidfreak

Thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive review.

Some cheap 7" china tablets have problem connecting via USB 3G data card.you have clarified that with practical difficulties involved.

Also micro USB >USB connector required to connect any thing. data card/Tv etc.

heat is a issue. But this equipment should be used on the move /travelling or lying in sofa/bed to check mail/light browsing etc instead of sitting infront of desktop/laptop.

How much you paid? Did you buy it online or from a shop ?

How expensive it is compared to Micromax? (I trust micromax only for budget phones. Iam using Q1 for 2 years and few days back I bought Micromax X11i Dual sim phone (similar to Nokia 101@ rs 1400) for Rs 1139 COD from Saholic . (1800 mAh battery is the unique selling p[oint)

Even though I have Google Nexus One,Nexus-S & Galaxy Nexus in the house ,Iam indeed looking for a cheap 7" tablet for my wife to browse/mail (but screen bigger than her Nexus One) lying in the sofa /bed.:time-out:

----------

Post only one screen shot with your tablet linked to your 3G data card. if your house has wifi router with ADSL/Cable/3G internet ,it will be fine to browse via wifi in 7" tablet right? Data card hanging gtom tab -is it a bit inconvenient ?

I bought it for Rs.6800/- (after applying a discount coupon, actual price was Rs.6,999) from eBay. I see that the price of this tablet has come down to Rs.6,490/- although it's now a pre-order listing.

Will post some screenshots when I reach home today.

And yes, I have a wifi setup at home, so I hardly use the data card. You're right, it's a bit inconvenient to see a cable dangling on the tab with the modem connected to it.

As promised, here are some screenshots of the tablet i.e. Veedee D10:

The homescreen:

Wifi connected to my home wifi which is on WPA2 PSK encryption:

The 'About' screen. It shows the model number as Ployer Momo as I've flashed the latest generic firmware, which is yet to be customized by Veedee and yet to be released:

The screen which shows supported 3G dongles:

The app drawer:

My Huawei E1750 3G modem connected using Tata Docomo GPRS: