Micromax A116 Canvas HD

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 7,667
chromaniac said:
Why would you order a Micromax if you have option to buy any international model where you live? :
Also. How many online stores in India offer international shipment? 😛ray:
the value for money, I live in countries where the cost of living is very high and thus prices of EVERY thing are also very high... although I have checked there is not much of difference in prices from India and here but still the difference is quite noticeable....
and I like to try new things ... I tried Nokia, HTC, then samsung, then ipad, then padphones as of now LG.... I been putting off the indian manufacturing phones due to lack of quality but it seems like micromax is coming through great... I wanna put my hands on it for once...
BTW I have never used Sony Ericsson smartphone... i have used their dump java phone and never again to buy sony I said...
also still looking for stores with international sales ... plz any one
mhsabir said:
Canvas HD & Canvas 2 Plus have 1 GB Ram
this hd seems nice but it lacks GPS?? it says in connectivity it has navigation available with google. dosent say anything about GPS chip being on board...

Canvas HD has GPS.

Just add the cost of importing a device from India to your place of residence. I am quite sure that the hassles would not be worth getting a mediocre device.
As for Sony Ericsson. Comparing the feature phones from the last decade to the smartphones from Sony today? Well... I am not quite sure what to say about that.

Hican someone using this phone please share their views about it? Battery life, touch experience, any hang problems etc?I am confused between Micromax A116 Canvas HD and Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus 🙁

shouvik said:
Hican someone using this phone please share their views about it? Battery life, touch experience, any hang problems etc?I am confused between Micromax A116 Canvas HD and Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus 🙁
I am using a XOLO Q800 which is considered as a cheaper version of the same phone. Main difference is lesser pixel density (so lesser battery drain and increased graphic performance) and a bigger battery.
The phone easily gives me a day with around 30 minutes of talking a day and around 400MB of data transfer a month. however i use a utility called automateit which makes by GPS, WIFI and data sleep at 12AM and start my data at 7:30 in the morning, I also use the same application to force my mobile remain at the lowest brightness at 1900hours Indian time. these 2 rules actually saves a lot of battery .
I moved from Samsung Galaxy Spica (early adoptors of Android) to Samsung Galaxy S duos (my disasterous purchase which i gifted in a week) to Nokia 520 before i settled for good (atleast last 5-6 months) on this phone.
Last i heard both Canvas HD and Xolo Q800 were retailing at a price less than 10K INR

I heard somewhere that micromax is offering 4.2 update at their service center for same device, is it true? Are they charging for this or for free???

I heard somewhere that micromax is offering 4.2 update at their service center for same device, is it true? Are they charging for this or for free???
Its true but not aware of charges if there are any.

Yeah.. That reminds me, I need to have it done for my dad. Just thinking of any issues(Trusting the service center guys to do a proper job, and secondly he is pretty much happy with 4.1 as is)

Well, I might do that. But, he is pretty much happy with it as is, and I dont want to create any messup, irrespective of a mistake from my side or the 4.2 update having issues. Thats the bigger concern.

No. I am handling the mobile, but from what I know - the only issue is it has restarted 2-3 times in about 6 months...