Mi LED Smart TV 4 (Now available on demand)

Sai

Xiaomi has announced that Patchwall UI will get Chromecast, Prime Video, Hooq etc suppprt. Will be based on Android TV (8.1) and will have Play Store access.

Sushubh

Administrator
the latest mi tvs have android tv but still do not support netflix and prime video from what i have read. they are still trying to get certification from these services to enable support.

Sai

It was said that the previous generation 4 & 4A versions will also get the same software features. Including full Google Play Store for Android TV support. The present Pro models would get Google Assistant as well. But the previous ones won't have voice control facility since the remote won't support the same.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
the latest mi tvs have android tv but still do not support netflix and prime video from what i have read. they are still trying to get certification from these services to enable support.
Does netflix require any special certification? I bought my sister an Mi8 and apparently netflix doesnt work on that as well, thats just absurd

Sushubh

Administrator
well netflix should support sd quality at least? certification is only required for hd. (on the mi8 i mean)

pinging @Nishant