Mi Home Security Camera 360°

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,765
It has been a pain to get it paired with the Mi Home app. Initially, I could set it up after trying for about 30 minutes at home. Then, I kept it idle and unplugged for close to 14 days. I took it to my workplace and reset the camera and tried to pair again. This time, it didn't budge. Might take it to the nearest service center to see if they can do anything.

For those who are planning to buy... please be aware that only a limited numbers are affected by this unusual bug / malfunction. Those who bought it recently do not seem to have this issue. Even I was able to pair it once. Just the second time, it didn't work. The sound quality from the speakers aren't good, though. The picture quality is also just average. The test pictures shown in the product page are probably taken with artificial lighting conditions. So, don't expect the same quality inside a house where the lighting isn't as good as artificial lighting.

I was able to pair again. I had to use a lot of light in the background to get it done (during day time).

Now, I can't update the firmware in the camera. I tried to update it, but it didn't go through successfully for some reason. The firmware is still in older version. I don't want to try again, considering some users have bricked their devices during the process. Ref: How to unbrick Mi Home Security Camera 360° 1080P (MJSXJ02CM) - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum .

Yes, the app is pathetic. This is my first product from xiaomi. Also my first camera. Not a bad experience. But, I could've had a better experience if I opted for Yi or camera from other brands.

I don't know. But, it'd be interesting if it is.

Okay.

I decided to update the firmware again! This time, it went through in less than 2 minutes. Everything is working as expected too. Last time, it didn't go through fully. Anyway, the firmware is at the latest version now.

Still, I experience some issues now and then. For example, whenever I get alert/s about some movement of objects, the corresponding video clip doesn't load. I have to use the playback features and find the right time to see the actual clip. 🤢