Mi Home Security Camera 360°

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,777
I got this from Gearbest for around US$35 just two weeks ago so the price here is pretty good. Had some initial configuration hiccups where I had to select Mainland China as server and the automated configuration voice messages are still Chinese. The Mi Home app did have India but I was unable to set it up if India was selected. Will have to retry selecting India as it might work now.

Wanted to play around with security cameras. This seems to offer a great starting point for that. Can't wait for October 10.

I got the yi camera. Problem in these is storage in either SD card or their own cloud service. Nothing like google drive or Dropbox compatibility. SD card storage get overwritten eventually. While their cloud is costly.
64GB card stores 15-16days at max.

From what I read, it is not possible. I wish I am wrong. I wanted to store the live feed somewhere outside home (in the cloud or in the remote SFTP server, etc). Anyway, it was released only yesterday. So, I don't think anyone would have got any experience using this device, except some v/bloggers who got it much earlier to test drive it. Ex:
Source
. I ordered it too. But, estimated delivery date is "coming Tuesday"! Ordered via Amazon, though. It is being shipping from Haryana. My house is on the other end of India.

After reports miu injecting n no of adds, without user allowing it, I would rather not give any WiFi access to any xiomai products 😀

That's a good deal, @mayank yadav . I don't have HDFC card. I don't have SBI, either, to get 10% discount on Amazon. But, got a different cash back a few days ago in Amazon (loading 3k with Amazon Pay would get 10% immediate cash back). So, I had 3.3k in my account. I ordered both the camera and Samsung EVO Plus Grade 3, Class 10 64GB Micro SD card (that was / is on offer). The SD card has reached me. But, not the camera. 🙂

@anant.del I never owned xiaomi products in the past. I heard about the ads, though. Also, the app for camera seems to require almost all the permissions on the mobile. I am just curious on how it all works out. If the camera is good (for its price), then nothing else matters. I can have a dedicated second-hand cheap mobile just for its app.