Mi Air Purifier 2C

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 5,260
Turned green around 15 minutes ago, but doesn't stay green for long. Will have to seal the room it seems. Can't imagine what will happen during Deewali.

It has been on for about a day now. The only thing that I found a little bothersome is its sound, seems to be a bit loud. I don't know how it is compared to Philips though. And when the orange indicator turns red, it sounds like it's gonna fly off the ceiling.

Should've opted for the WiFi one. The status is constantly changing and I've to adjust it manually. It goes red quite quickly if anyone opens the door when it's set at 1. Air flow isn't much restricted here it seems. 😕

or you can get used to the idea that it is fine if it stays on yellow or orange in low/medium speed mode for a bit longer. it would still continuesly keep cleaning the air. you really do not have to bruteforce cleaning just to get the green light because it is more or less pointless if you are not locked inside your room for hours. i have never been a fan of their app. they keep changing things regularly making a mess of things that were working perfectly. right now for example, there is not a single screen that shows aqi value of all devices at home on a single screen.

LCmiSqY.webp

i mean seriously... the most important value is placed at the last spot which is hidden. i mean sure i can switch to landscape mode where it might appear. this was not the case before. this view was much more useful in the past.

one major advantage that app has is automation. you can set it to start and stop at predefined times (and more i suppose through routines and shit). this is what i have to do with the units in mom's and dad's rooms because they never turn it on themselves.

I think the OCD to keep it green will die in a few days.

yup. this is why i hate the model with oled display. the aqi value on the display is very distracting and you keep on looking at the constantly changing number. app lets you turn off the display but freaks shut it off completely and then you have no idea if it is on or off. let it remain in background. treat it as a fan not an ac lol.

Mi 3 shows green, 36. While 2C sitting next to it shows red and is going crazy. I mean, what the flying particle?

if this happens all the time, either of the devices have defective sensor. or 2c sensor is already choked so might need cleaning with a cotton bud.

Cleaned the sensor of 2C. Kept them both in the same room, and 3 showed 250 which came to 56 within 5 minutes. But 2C continues to run crazy. For a second it comes to orange and then again goes back to red right away.

It does come back to yellow and eventually green, but it seems to take quite longer and it's kinda hypersensitive compared to 3. I don't know if this is by design or if it's faulty.

Last edited:
Arey 10 minutes man lo yar. I wasn't really keeping an eye on the clock. But it actually depends on the room size and various factors.

Both of them are sitting idle now at green.

Btw:

0D6Td2X.webp

Cleaned the sensor of 2C. Kept them both in the same room, and 3 showed 250 which came to 56 within 5 minutes. But 2C continues to run crazy. For a second it comes to orange and then again goes back to red right away.

It does come back to yellow and eventually green, but it seems to take quite longer and it's kinda hypersensitive compared to 3. I don't know if this is by design or if it's faulty.
Check if there is a firmware update available in the app