MGL gas bill paid online but still not updated

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,271
ISP
MTNL
Hi All,

Need some advice on what exactly to do if the bill is not updated even after making the payment online. I had already made the payment via Amazon and tried reaching them upon realizing that it is still unpaid to which they first told me that they will check and update but when there was no update and I reached out to them they refused to help in any way and asked to connect MGL with the operator reference number. I have raised this with MGL support as well but have not gotten any proper response. have emailed them transaction receipt and bank statement and still waiting for a response from their end.

I can also see many such cases on twitter wherein the bill is already paid and still not updated at their end which is making me a little worried and they are sending continuous messages every day to pay the bill to avoid disconnection.

Can someone please advise if there is any way to have this resolved?

I never experienced issues with payment with MGL, although I often either use payzapp or cred.
Usually it does take 3–5 days for the bill to update, but the day you make the payment is counted as the payment date.
First thing to check would be, to ensure CA number paid for is correct.
Else, assuming you have a valid BBPS Reference Number, there should be reason to panic.

If in future it disconnects, you might as well just directly go to their office and speak to them about it. The worse would be a day of no gas.

I personally never faced this issue with any online bill payment and for a while I also thought that it might resolve on its own as in my case, they do take more than 10 days at times to update the bill but this time god knows what went wrong and I only realized the situation once they started sending multiple messages on a single day to pay the bill. I have been paying all my bills via Amazon pay for quite some time and all previous bills were settled hence CA number is correct and have double-verified it.

I just spoke with MGL customer support and they are still checking on it, apparently, their backend team doesn't work on Saturday and Sunday hence the delay and I reached out to Amazon as well to confirm the status and they are saying if the reference number is generated then they have processed the order hence nothing much can be done from their end now and I have to deal with MGL only to have the bill updated.

Should I consider raising a chargeback with the bank against Amazon for this? Though I am unsure if it would help as the transaction was made on 1st May and it's already a month and I am unsure if they would allow me to raise a chargeback now considering the transaction was part of the previous bill cycle and have already paid the amount back.