mgcarley's whirlwind tour of India - April/May 2011: Meet & greet

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 526
  • Views Views 68,083
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Matthew,

Any updates on the "all-ready-to-launch" preparations by the end of your return on 8th May? Are you starting in Mumbai or Delhi?

Mumbai. Probably Diwali.

ooh reminds me. i should post a photo of scary me in the hayai tee-shirt.
Children in my area are waiting for scary pics 😛

Mumbai. Probably Diwali.

Diwali?! Thought it was by the time you returned in July or something! Another 6 months now???! 🙁 🙁

Diwali?! Thought it was by the time you returned in July or something! Another 6 months now???! 🙁 🙁

i would not be astonished if it changes to christmas.

Mumbai. Probably Diwali.
I think you have said probably in October when I met you.
Is every thing going good? Now, where is the problem? I hope clearance problem may be sort out.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Yeah but I don't find myself being surrounded at Airports 😉

You may be when hayai gets popular and especially with good service.

Even I return in June or July I'm still going to have staff to get ready and final arrangements to make.

I think you have said probably in October when I met you.
Is every thing going good? Now, where is the problem? I hope clearance problem may be sort out.

You may be when hayai gets popular and especially with good service.

I think it's solved, which is now why we're anticipating an actual date rather than just "at some time in the future".

..I think it's solved, which is now why we're anticipating an actual date rather than just "at some time in the future".

Allow me to be the first to eat his words in public, and congratulate you.

Allow me to be the first to eat his words in public, and congratulate you.

Thanks very much, and sorry I couldn't meet you in Bandra for longer than the 60-seconds I had on the way to the meeting.

Thanks very much, and sorry I couldn't meet you in Bandra for longer than the 60-seconds I had on the way to the meeting.

Let's get together after you come back, Mahim is like walking distance from where i stay, we can always fix any convenient point at either end.

I warn you, there will be booze, there will be weed, and there will be 60's rock music.

Oh then we were lucky that you had time at least 3-5 hrs.

Okay, i can do without the '60's rock, what's your preference, Anna Netrebko or Maria Callas? Because tenors really turn me off.

The key word is *might* - I've been invited to 2 conferences about a week apart so there is the distinct possibility that I will be in Delhi for 10 days or so from 22nd of May-ish.

That would be great if you could return to Delhi for another visit. I guess many of the Dilliwalas like us couldn't meet u bcos of the terrible heat or probably office/job work. May 22 is sunday & will be perfect to catch up with you.

That would be great if you could return to Delhi for another visit. I guess many if the Dilliwalas like us couldn't meet u bcos of the terrible heat or probably office/job work. May 22 is sunday & will be perfect to catch up with you.

Yep! Very difficult to take out time on a weekday!

Yep! Very difficult to take out time on a weekday!

In Delhi it worked out to be in the evenings rather than during the day. I'll do what I can if/when I'm back in Delhi later this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.