• Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 14,497

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
US heavy metal outfit Metallica will rock India with their first-ever show in the country at a concert to mark the inaugural Formula One meeting in October.

"There are very few places in the world that we have not dragged our gear and crew to," the nine-time Grammy Award winners said on their website on Monday. "For the first time ever, we will be visiting India for two shows."

India are slated to host the Grand Prix on October 30 at a new $350 million circuit in Greater Noida on the outskirts of New Delhi.

The veteran rockers, famous for numbers like "Nothing Else Matters", will perform at the "F1 Rocks" gig in the satellite town of Gurgaon on October 28 and another show in Bangalore on Oct 30.

Metallica to welcome India's first Grand Prix - The Times of India

This was announced months ago , around Jan-Feb

Haha. Let the track get completed first. And let not the farmers dig it up 😀

knowing gurgaon administration, the event might get canceled just like what happened with the bryan adams concert.

to hell with Metallica , they were the 1st ones to go after napster, and are very anti webz, among their brilliant ideas was to 'turn off' internet for 5 years so old artists like them could milk their customers more, they were good in 80's 90's now they should go and retire in some corner along with Bon Jon Jovi and others like them .

Metallica? The alive?@ Yeah, I heard about Bryan Adams show getting cancelled.

I waited 14 years for this night.

Here's what really happened!

We were at the venue at 14:30 and decided to get in through "Gate 01"

I've never been to such an unsafe event, all the barricades were on the floor, with sharp ends pointing out. We got involved in a stampede to enter the venue with no sign of security at all, i saw atleast 10-15 people around me get hurt due to the same.

I've seen a few concerts and this one had no sign of crowd management!

We managed to get in by 15:30, and there were 2 food stalls for 20,000 people with NO WATER! They were shoving buckets of water asking people to take some water in their glasses.

By now a frustrated crowd (20,000 plus) were expecting great music, but this did not happen.

The stage crew announced a delay as the barricades had broken down and requested the crowd to co-operate, which was a bit tough.

18:30 - An announcer comes up and says that due to "serious technical difficulties" Metallica would not be playing tonight but tomorrow at 4pm.

The crowd, at this moment lost control and got on stage, vandalised the monitors, smashed led screens and dismantled drum kits and flung them in the crowd. Moreover they even put the F1 rocks banners on fire. After this the sound console was subject to some serious damage.

Times now reports - "Metallica announce pull out due to shoddy arrangements"
NDTV reports - "Metallica was not happy with backstage management"

Awesome!

A reply from the FB link

I WAS BACKSTAGE. Permissions were not the issue. Security was. Barricade collapsed and the Metallica crew freaked. I dont know whether this is politically correct, but i think the band were the only ones who could have gone on stage and worked out the barricade scene. And they didnt. I dont want to put this at their doorstep, but fu*k you, you're a METAL fu*king band, hold your fans down. dont leave this to crew, get the **** on stage and do it yourself. Just me griping so dont pay attention. But yea, true story

Just got back after being rap**d by the crowd from a cancelled Metallica concert in Leisure Valley Ground in Gurgaon.

Jusus ! the ground was so small only 30k ppl could be accompanied but apparently DNA network decided to sell off 1L lack tickets and all hell broke loose today here.

oh my god dnt even knw how to describe to what me and my cousin went threw.

Entry was to begin at 3Pm we were standing with around 40000+ ppl on Gate no. 2 without any line or any kind of arrangement.

Entry never started at 3PM......4PM show should have started by now still nothing still standing in the crowd and literary being thrown this side or that ppl pusing frm back..... fwrd.......side ways...at 4.30-4.45 they started letting sm ppl in...we had already been tossed like insects fr more than 2hrs standing....

......on top of that there was no organizer or even proper security to make sure of order...

Crowd was literally pushing us inside and thats how we got in and not by sm proper way or anything....and these morons DNA put a dam " Jangla " just in from of the entrance which was raised sm 1 feet in the air if ur leg gets caught in it ur leg gets snapped off.........Jesus.............

That was nt the end as we went inside we saw that the ground was so small and the kind of crowd that we had seen outside was no way so many ppl could have fit in here and that's what happened.

Ground easily got filled in just few min of opening the gates and ppl started pushing one another inside the ground a barricade in the front broke right near the stage and sm ppl might have even toppled over.

The Security guard ( ppl kept making naras at him " ganjai " he was bald so... ) that came with Metallica saw the situation jst went out of hand and he just kept telling the crowd to move back but there was no space fr pp who were already in the back to do anything abt it...so further pushing one another started to make matter worse ppl in the back kept trying to come forward and kept pushing the one in the front...

The security guard kept using diff. methods to get the crowd in control like he made sm ppl in the front to sit and all but they would get up as ppl in front would climb over them jesus !

Finally they cancelled the show for today not cool the way DNA wrongly sold 4times the normal tickets for the kind of ground Metallica is performing in i.e Leisure Valley Ground, Guragaon.

Even multiplex have better security and better ways to handle the crowd.

There wasn't even a single person managing the parking forget security.

This event was total mess. DNA undoubtedly the worst event management company I have come across and are one of the reasons why foreign bands don't wanna come to India.

My cousin a die hard Metallica fan who came from all the way frm Bombay to see this concert bunked his college...spent sh*t load of money on the flight tickets had to return back tomorrow at 11 AM and this concert if it even happens tomorrow is at 4PM. He has to reach Bombay on Sunday as on Monday he has a Job Interview. Even the ticket that he is getting fr Sunday is costing him 7500+ (-2000 prev. ticket booking refund ) and the entire return trip had initially come in 6000.

SO our situation is if he stays another day burn another 5000+ for just staying one day more.....there is still no assurance or any kind of gurantee from DNA that tomorrow the concert will ever happen.

Me and him are so de- motivated right now he is saying I don't even feel like to attend the concert any more now as what we went through today was nothing short of being.... both mentally and physically.

DNA really suxs and just showed the entire bands in the word how bad things in India no wonder we have so few concerts here.

heh. sorry man. you could have called me up. i would have taken you for dinner. 😛

knowing gurgaon administration, the event might get canceled just like what happened with the bryan adams concert.
Woa! Future happened exactly as you foretold, OH wise one!