Metallica Concert In Gurgaon Cancelled DNA Worst Organizers Ever

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
US heavy metal outfit Metallica will rock India with their first-ever show in the country at a concert to mark the inaugural Formula One meeting in October.

"There are very few places in the world that we have not dragged our gear and crew to," the nine-time Grammy Award winners said on their website on Monday. "For the first time ever, we will be visiting India for two shows."

India are slated to host the Grand Prix on October 30 at a new $350 million circuit in Greater Noida on the outskirts of New Delhi.

The veteran rockers, famous for numbers like "Nothing Else Matters", will perform at the "F1 Rocks" gig in the satellite town of Gurgaon on October 28 and another show in Bangalore on Oct 30.

Metallica to welcome India's first Grand Prix - The Times of India

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Haha. Let the track get completed first. And let not the farmers dig it up :D

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
knowing gurgaon administration, the event might get canceled just like what happened with the bryan adams concert.

dovahkiin

Regular
Regulars
Feb 2, 2011
to hell with Metallica , they were the 1st ones to go after napster, and are very anti webz, among their brilliant ideas was to 'turn off' internet for 5 years so old artists like them could milk their customers more, they were good in 80's 90's now they should go and retire in some corner along with Bon Jon Jovi and others like them .

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I waited 14 years for this night.

Here's what really happened!

We were at the venue at 14:30 and decided to get in through "Gate 01"

I've never been to such an unsafe event, all the barricades were on the floor, with sharp ends pointing out. We got involved in a stampede to enter the venue with no sign of security at all, i saw atleast 10-15 people around me get hurt due to the same.

I've seen a few concerts and this one had no sign of crowd management!

We managed to get in by 15:30, and there were 2 food stalls for 20,000 people with NO WATER! They were shoving buckets of water asking people to take some water in their glasses.

By now a frustrated crowd (20,000 plus) were expecting great music, but this did not happen.

The stage crew announced a delay as the barricades had broken down and requested the crowd to co-operate, which was a bit tough.

18:30 - An announcer comes up and says that due to "serious technical difficulties" Metallica would not be playing tonight but tomorrow at 4pm.

The crowd, at this moment lost control and got on stage, vandalised the monitors, smashed led screens and dismantled drum kits and flung them in the crowd. Moreover they even put the F1 rocks banners on fire. After this the sound console was subject to some serious damage.

Times now reports - "Metallica announce pull out due to shoddy arrangements"
NDTV reports - "Metallica was not happy with backstage management"

Awesome!