Messed up traffic lights in West Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,409
So I went to Janakpuri today and noticed that almost all the traffic lights in the Delhi Cantonment area were messed up. The counter would go to zero but green light would not turn red. So you would continue moving forward only to realize that the cars from the opposite side of the road also has a green light so well… you need to brake. Hard.
I almost hit the car in front 3 times because of this problem. At one place the light did not turn green even after the counter reached zero and started the counter for green light. It was quite a disaster. Not sure if anyone else traveling around in Delhi area has noticed this assuming it is a widespread problem.

This counter system is bad. They make drivers ignore "red-green" signals. No matter what counter says, one must follow "red-green" signals.
Those who are waiting at red signal, they start putting foot on accelerator as soon as counter reaches around 5 seconds left. 😀
And those who are at green signal and see counter at around 5 seconds, they try to accelerate even faster so as to clear the signal before it turns red.

Thats scary!!! I gotta do something about this. I've had 3-4 incidents of sparking - two due to spark in ac plug and one due to 2 acs on same line, this caused my phase change switch to burn out.
I now have a smoke detector in my distribution board. Need to get one for each room I guess.