Merging 2 BSNL Broadband Connection Using D-Link DI-LB604 Load Balancing Router.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sahyadri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 12,158

Sahyadri

Regulars
ISP
BSNL - BBG Combo ULD 1199
Here's what I have done to achieve 90 KB/s download in UTorrent.
What you need.
1) Two Broadband connections on two different lines
I have Home 1350 UL - 512 kbps & Home 750 UL - 256 kbps
2) D-Link DI-LB604 Load Balancing Router.
3) ADSL modems 2 Nos. (I use D-Link GLB 502T)
4) CAT-5 patch cables (come along with modem/router)

First connect one modem to your computer via Ethernet (CAT-5). Setup a connection in Bridge mode.
Do the same for second connection using second connection.
Now you have your D-Link DI-LB604 Load Balancing Router with 2 WAN ports and 4 LAN ports.
Connect both the modems to DI-LB604 in WAN1 and WAN2 ports.
Switch on all both the modems and DI-LB604
You will see WAN1 & WAN2 LEDs light up.
Now connect DI-LB604 to your computer via Ethernet (CAT-5) using one of the LAN ports on DI-LB604.

Open your browser and goto 192.168.0.1 provide username and password for DI-LB604 (Default username admin and password blank).
You are on your D-Link DI-LB604 Load Balancing Router's homepage. Clink on WAN from left side Vertical menus now do the following settings.
Interface : WAN 1
Connect Mode : Enable
Connect Type : PPPPoE
User Name : Provided by BSNL (for the line you connected to WAN1)
Password : Provided by BSNL
PPPoE Host Name : Leave Blank
Click on apply the modem will restart.
Go to Status and check if WAN1 is connected and acquired an IP address.
Again go to home and setup
Interface : WAN 3
Connect Mode : Enable
Connect Type : PPPPoE
User Name : Provided by BSNL (for the line you connected to WAN2)
Password : Provided by BSNL
PPPoE Host Name : Leave Blank
Click on apply the modem will restart.
Go to Status and check if WAN2 is connected and acquired an IP address.
Again go to home and Click on Load Balance
Enable : CHECKED
Load Balance Base on : Bytes Tx + Rx
Loading Share : WAN 1 50% WAN 2 50%
Click on apply
Now you will get the speed of Connection 1 + Connection2 when using torrents or sharing the connection in LAN.

Instead of spending 1350 + 750 = 2100, for a 768 kbps plan and going through the pain of putting a wan and doing so much stuff, u could have simply opted for airtel 1 mbps unlimted plan for Rs 2222 and enjoyed 1mbps speeds for more or less the same price ...Just my thought ... 😗

@ Dushie:I am located at Shrigonda in Ahmednagar district where the only ISP for BB Service is BSNL. @gary4gar😀-Link DI-LB604 Load Balancing Router costs INR 5815/-

@ Dushie:
I am located at Shrigonda in Ahmednagar district where the only ISP for BB Service is BSNL.

@gary4gar:
D-Link DI-LB604 Load Balancing Router costs INR 5815/-

Well then there is no other way out, but to spend so much and set it up,
if you are not in a hurry, i am sure bsnl will be launching UL 1 mbps plans next year , that should be good ...:thumb:

@bucks_raj

On What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more by default it shows the IP of the connection on WAN1 port.
But if you are downloading a file which is consuming the full throughput possible via WAN1 the the request for whatismyip goes through WAN2 and the IP displayed on whatismyip wil lbe of WAN2.

As the speed test communicates with one IP the results displayed on speed test is for the connection that the router used to complete the request. Either WAN1 or WAN2 depending upon the traffic flowing through the router.

While using DAP and Torrent I get the speed equal to WAN1 + WAN2 but while downloading without download manager I get the speed of WAN1 only.