Formula-1 News and Updates

Hmm...Are you happy with Kimi's return to F1?

IF it was WWE Star Stone Cold Steve Austine - He would have uttered "Give me the Hell yeah"

----------

But i am happy to see him back in F1...

I hope fortune changes for Mercedes for 2012 season ....

Formula One's governing body, the FIA have today confirmed the regulation changes for 2012. These changes include some clarifications to the sporting regulations, along with a ban on blown diffusers and a toughened side impact crash test.

The FIA President, Jean Todt, opened the meeting by thanking Vijay Mallya and Vicky Chandhok for their hospitality and for hosting the week of FIA meetings in India.

Below changes were approved:

Changes to the 2012 Technical Regulations

• All engine standard ECU set up and control parameters, which were formerly contained only within a Technical Directive, are now contained within the relevant parts of the Technical Regulations.
• The exhaust tailpipes are now strictly regulated in order to ensure that the aerodynamic effect exhaust gases have on the car is kept to an absolute minimum.
• Better marking of in-car emergency switches operated by marshals are now stipulated.
• The side impact structures will now have to be subjected to a further (upward) push-off test.

Changes to the 2012 Sporting Regulations

• Cars may no longer take part in pre-season testing without having passed all crash tests.
• There will now be a maximum race time of four hours to ensure that a lengthy suspension of a race does not result in a race that could run up to eight hours if left unregulated.
• Before the safety car returns to the pits all lapped cars will be allowed to unlap themselves and then join the back of the pack, ensuring a clean re-start without slower cars impeding those racing for the leading positions.
• Cars which were in the pit lane when a race is suspended will now be allowed to re-join the cars on the grid in the position they were in when the race was suspended.
• Drivers may no longer leave the track without a justifiable reason, i.e. cutting a chicane on reconnaissance laps or ‘in’ laps to save time and fuel.
• Drivers may no longer move back onto the racing line having moved off it to defend a position.
• One three-day test will be carried out during the season, formerly there were none.
• All stewards’ decisions which are not subject to appeal are now in one place instead of being in various places within the regulations.
• All tyres allocated to a driver may now be used on the first day of practice; formerly only three sets were permitted.

FIA approves 2012 regulations - F1technical.net

Jos Verstappen has reiterated his feelings that former Benetton team-mate Michael Schumacher used a selection of driving aids during the 1994 Formula 1 season, explaining that 'there is no way he could have been so fast' in a standard car.The Dutchman, who claimed two podium finishes during his time in the sport, was left convinced when team boss Flavio Briatore refused to talk about the matter.
"You see, Michael also depends on machinery," Verstappen told Dutch magazine NUsport. "For most people he was God, but he’s not Superman, he never was. When I went karting with him he never beat me. I know what happened when we were together at Benetton in 1994, there is a reason'Schumacher used driving aids' - Verstappen - GPUpdate.net

I think Mercedes will have some surprise package for 2012 season...Hope to see both MS and Rosberg winning some races next season...

He is also confident Felipe Massa can return to his best after he scored less than half the points of team-mate Fernando Alonso, for whom Montezemolo had special praise.
"All the ingredients are in place to start winning again," continued Montezemolo. "Great things are also expected from our drivers for next season. Felipe knows next year is very important for him, but it is up to us to give him a competitive car. If we manage it, then I am sure we will rediscover the Felipe who delivered so much and who could be quicker than Michael and Kimi.
"Fernando has had an amazing season, even though he did not have a competitive car and he made us all happy at Silverstone, with an emblematic victory, given it came at the same circuit and in the same month in which, sixty years ago, Ferrari took its first ever Formula 1 win. What I like about our drivers is their ability to work with the team: I knew that about Felipe and it was a pleasant surprise to find out the same applied to Fernando. I don't like drivers who turn up at the track with their briefcase and do not share in the daily life of the team: they are not Ferrari people."

Luca di Montezemolo calls on Ferrari to redeem itself | Ferrari | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Alonso and pop star wife divorce

Fernando Alonso and pop star wife Raquel del Rosario have divorced, issuing a statement on Tuesday. The couple had been married for five years.

The double World Champion of 2005 and 2006 met the singer of band El Sueño de Morfeo during the first days of his Formula 1 career, marrying in November 2006. The couple lived in Oxford before moving to Switzerland, although Alonso was reported to have returned to Spain to be closer to his family in May 2011.

Tuesday’s statement reads:

‘After five years of marriage, we have decided to end our relationship as a couple. This has been a very though about and mutual decision. We are separating from marriage, but never as friends, and there is still a very strong affection and mutual admiration to ensure the happiness of the other.

With this statement, addressed to all who follow our careers, we wish to bring an end to any speculation. With it, we ask that the media respects our personal lives which, as you know, we have always been keen to protect.

With love
Raquel and Fernando’

Alonso and pop star wife divorce - GPUpdate.net

----------

Alonso welcomes back