Meltdown and Spectre

I dont think this is right - unless they can prove that flaw was introduced intentionally.

Otherwise there should be many more lawsuit on Microsoft and Apple.

Softwares / firmwares are bound to have bugs.

software flaws are fixable. but intel processors. all of them. are not fixable. and software based fixes would reduce performance by as much as 30%. so unless intel promises to replace all these processors for free, they are liable for selling products that would not deliver the performance customers paid for. samsung got sued for batteries purchased from a third party. they replaced/refunded all phones free of cost. intel of course is in no position to replace potentially billions of processors. plus they do even seem to have processors in production which are free of this flaw. so even the new processors being sold today in the market are affected by this flaw and they would continue to be sold for months if not years.

Every single computer on sale today has affected processors. All computers and CPUs sold in last three years are covered under warranty. Most computers that would launch for the foreseeable future would have affected processors.

Yes so Intel can either recall them or release firmware updates. (which I think its doing so)

Lawsuit should be filed only after Intel denies giving fixes for processors in warranty, which currently doesnt seem so.

one of the two issues cannot be fixed from what i read. fix for the second issue would drop performance by up to 30% on some tasks. forget regular people... intel would get sued by Amazon, rackspace, google and every single datacenter company that would find itself with inadequate performing servers after the fixes are implemented. i would need to upgrade my own hosting if the performance hit is significant. this would potentially affect every single computer user in the world.

Intel only promises speed in Hz... if fix is OS level - Intel can not be sued because its processor continue to provide promised speed.