Meghbela Cable & Broadband Services

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 44,984
This is the present condition of their broadband at my place:

(screenshot is from yesterday night)
****!! another 7 days and then my renewal will be over & eagerly waiting to get rid of them.

my previous post will not be visible until mod approves it. why?

i'm too taken meghbela bb (package 1100), but i'm not getting upgraded speed of (up to)4mbps from 12am to 8 am. any help?

i'm too taken meghbela bb (package 1100), but i'm not getting upgraded speed of (up to)4mbps from 12am to 8 am.
any help?

Call them.. Consider yourself lucky if you get a good answer.

Airtel has introduced cable broadband services in kolkata under the name Meghbela Broadband.The packages are real cool 200kbps unlimited for 340bucks per month and you get same upload/download speeds:yahoo:
The official website is Meghbela Cable & Broadband Services Pvt. Ltd i have already emailed to them that how much does it cost to take the connection and if they are available in my area🙂i will ditch my present crappy alliance connection:wall:

Airtel will never tie up with any other company for the distribution of broadband. Infact no Telco will sign up with a non ISP . This news is all untrue and should be clarified before someone gets stuck up with them under the assurance of Airtel Brand Name .

Meghbela Broadband is one of the fastest broadband in India. I have taken 512Kbps unlimited plan for Rs. 620/- p.m. In P2P file sharing (Torrent) it is giving more than 10 MBps (around 80mbps) speed. And interestingly, 700MB movie just takes 1 to 2 minutes to download. Videos from youtube, download with 7 to 8 MBps speed. Downloading from popular sites like microsoft is also in same speed. I can't understand how is it possible? By the way, I am very very happy with Meghbela. Suggest you to go for it. Please note Meghbela joins hand with Bhari Airtel.

Meghbela caches almost everything be it youtube popular downloads everything. And yes their peering speed is more than Alliance.

^Hmm... But their plans are very expensive.. Do they have a large cache storage than Alliance? :S

Their plans are not expensive. Dont go through the plans posted on the website. They are outdated. For real packages contact cable operator who provides their services. They can tell u the real rates. For example in some cable wala they are offering 1mbps day (4mbps night) unlimited 720/- month with full duplex peering and that I think is much cheaper than Alliance. I dont know they have a large storage or not but in order to save international bandwith they are doing the fullest even they started caching all youtube videos and popular downloads :S I think caching is a great way to remove FUP limits and save infrastructure costs on international bandwith purchase thereby giving high data circuits to domestic customers. I dont know why still Airtel BSNL are sleeping like dumbs :/ BSNL could save a huge amount of International bandwith based that their data circuits are always above 80% usage 😕 Even SITI broadband in Kolkata started giving Peering

^If this is true then meghbela can be very good. I have seen meghbela's connection a few months ago and there were NO such speed as you mentioned. Is these newly applied? And also I have seen people not getting the mentioned night speed.

there are two meghbelas one is PMPL Meghbela and other is only Meghbela. and their service speed packages differs in different locations. The 1mbps pack night 4mbps I mentioned is an annual pack and you have to pay the whole amount for one year in advance to enjoy that speed.Its available only with some cablewalas. Meghbela offers cable walas to customize packages as per their likings. Only God knows what their real official tarrifs are. They give peering speed as per cable operator's L2 switch port supported speed. Those cable operators who have modern L2 switches with 1gbps port speed gives full duplex peering and those with old 100mbps port speed gives only 5-10mbps with Meghbela.

there are two meghbelas one is PMPL Meghbela and other is only Meghbela. and their service speed packages differs in different locations. The 1mbps pack night 4mbps I mentioned is an annual pack and you have to pay the whole amount for one year in advance to enjoy that speed.Its available only with some cablewalas. Meghbela offers cable walas to customize packages as per their likings. Only God knows what their real official tarrifs are. They give peering speed as per cable operator's L2 switch port supported speed. Those cable operators who have modern L2 switches with 1gbps port speed gives full duplex peering and those with old 100mbps port speed gives only 5-10mbps with Meghbela.

What's the basic difference b/w the PMPL and normal one? Do both support high speed peering? And how to know if the cable operator has the 1gbps port switch? Anyway to ask them about that before taking up the connection? And by your reply do you mean Meghbela sets no speed limit for peering i.e., one can get can as much as the operator and one's pc can handle, unlike Alliance who sets speed limits like for 750plan peer speed is 10mbps?

As I know Meghbela lays the local cable and fibre in some places, but backhaul is given by Airtel... Airtel is their channel partner. Meghbela is good or bad, depends on your local provider. If he scuks, you will be fcuked for sure. !!