• Thread starter Thread starter Zaman2011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,524

Zaman2011

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Mega.nz is a popular file uploading service and perhaps the only one which provides 50GB space to free users (most others provided only a couple of GBs or so). I use Airtel 3G as backup or maybe sort of primary nowadays (as both BSNL and Jio are being crap lately). Today when I tried to open Mega.nz to upload a file, this message came up:

Your requested URL has been blocked as per the directions received from Department of Telecommunications, Government of India. Please contact administrator for more information.

Now, why the hell would anyone block a whole file uploading site. I can understand blocking particular URLs but why the whole website which is regarded as one of the most popular websites online. I can open the site with BSNL and Jio. So, why only Airtel?

I am getting a message telling me to use their mobile app on my phone. But for a second I do see the message you mentioned about site blocked. Not sure how the mobile app message is still displayed at top of it.

also. i know that you are looking for a free service provider. but if you can spare 50-100 rupees per month (most likely less), backblaze b2 is a great storage option. 10GB storage is free. and additional 1GB storage costs $0.005 per month.

Cheapest Secure Cloud Storage Provider: B2

it should be fairly cheap if you are going to use just around 50GB.

Almost forgot about this thread. Came to check about any Jio FTTH news if available. However, I noticed an interesting thing right now by shifting again to Airtel 3G. Mega.nz is blocked on Chrome on Airtel 3G and this message appears "Your requested URL has been blocked as per the directions received from Department of Telecommunications, Government of India. Please contact administrator for more information." But when I shift to Firefox, it works fine. That is extremely odd and weird. Not sure if it is a bug or something. Thank you for the recommendation Susubh. I would probably just upgrade Dropbox to a premium account. That is perhaps the most reliable option for now.

Amazon cloud might be a cheaper option. a VPN might be a cheaper option. website working in firefox but not on chrome is indeed strange behavior.