Media Converter on One Broadband query

• Thread starter Thread starter anonuser7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 33,223
What the actual fuck? Wireless in between?

Also he closed the complain after this.

• I:Rajesh KG (11 Apr 2018 12:48:31 PM) : Have gone and checked the network yesterday

Solution Given

• Rajesh KG (11 Apr 2018 12:48:31 PM) : there are 5-6 cascades comes in between customer and partner'''+'s input, also 2 in is wireless, so when ever traffic comes on the network latency go high

Last edited:
Now that I know it is wireless at 2 points in between and not a true fiber connection, I have given up for a fix because there is no fix for wireless. I spoke to prem kumar and told him that I want a refund for the installation cost, he wants me to use it till the end of the billing cycle and tells me that he will fix it, I won't keep the connection if there are wireless nodes inbetween regardless of the fix as wireless is never reliable and I would have never got the the connection if I knew about this. I have already suffered for months with tikona wireless and lesson was learnt there.

Today there was also constant 5-10% packet loss in Overwatch with less frequent ping spikes, but this issue is just as bad.

Other than the ping/packet loss issues there are other major issues with this connection that I have not focused on so far.

1. Netflix will work in 4k full 15mbps bitrate sometimes but sometimes it will play 240p-480p.
  2. You won't ever get more than 40mbps average speed anywhere, even on torrents with thousands of seeds or private torrents, it was mostly near 35mbps average speed on both torrents or direct downloads.
  3. If direct download site is hosted in EU then you most probably won't get more than 20-30mbps average and even 10mbps on some sites, good luck arguing with any ISP about international speed.
  4. Hotstar won't work on desktop, android TV app works but very low quality and buffering.
  5. In the 8 days of connection, disconnected for 2 nights, was fixed in the morning.(they say that is because of Nagpur metro fiber cuts and I cannot blame them for this)

So why should anyone get this connection?
You should get it if all you do is watch YouTube and download torrents, Netflix is unreliable over 720p even though fast.com gives 20mbps-35mbps. Haven't tested Amazon prime as I don't have it.

Other than that you are better of with siti broadband if you want reliable downloads everywhere.(note: I think siti throttles your connection if you download like 100-200gb in a day on their unlimited plan, fix is simple, run a script to stop and start the download if speed goes below a threshold)
If you want to play games then Tata docomo is the one to go with as siti has very bad routing for gaming. Netflix is fine on tata if you play 1080p content. Ask tata if your area is overcrowded as the guys at tata put a DSLAM at my place, so I know only 2 people are on that DSLAM(had tikona at that time, I requested them for 3 months and they extended the connection to my house), so your experience with tata can vary.

Will go to GTPL office and if it is good then I'll get it next month.

Edit: Would like to add that netflix takes 10 minutes to get from low bitrate to max bitrate.

Last edited:
My streaming experience is very good considering I am on wireless connection. Netflix takes few seconds to reach 4K same with Prime Video. Hotstar never works though buffering all the time. Gaming on PS4 is fine.
Wireless in between fiber connection is straight up fraud better get your refund.

It is because the routing to Hotstar servers is really bad, connection hops 19 locations before reaching hotstar servers in singapore.(don't know if the streams are hosted on the same server as the website)

Tracing route to hotstar.com [52.219.40.42]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms dhcp-192-224-6.in2cable.com [203.192.224.6]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 19 ms 20 ms 22 ms 172.23.78.233
6 32 ms 29 ms 28 ms 172.31.244.45
7 27 ms 31 ms 27 ms ix-ae-4-2.tcore2.CXR-Chennai.as6453.net [180.87.37.1]
8 60 ms 61 ms 59 ms if-ae-10-2.tcore2.SVW-Singapore.as6453.net [180.87.37.65]
9 62 ms 60 ms 62 ms 180.87.15.206
10 63 ms 59 ms 344 ms 52.93.9.12
11 90 ms 58 ms 59 ms 52.93.9.31
12 58 ms 60 ms 59 ms 203.83.223.27
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 64 ms 62 ms 63 ms s3-website-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com [52.219.40.42]

Connection was down today for 6 hours, LCO said he turned if off because of lightning. Three times in 12 days connection has been down for 6-12 hours each time.

LCO also said that the connection is not wireless in between, he will give me 2 years for free if it is wireless in between, Mr.Rajesh will call me tomorrow to clear me on this issue.

I did not have any downtime today. I don't even remember when was the last time it went down for more than 5 minutes.

I told you, before you got the connection to not get connection from Prem Kumar.

He turned if off during lightning but didn't turn it back on for 4 hours after lightning was over or he was lying and connection was down.

NCO nagpur(Mr.Rajesh) hasn't called me for 3 days, LCO doesn't pick up.

Prem kumar sold it but LCO is another guy, don't have to deal with prem kumar but with LCO.

I also told you before service entirely depends on LCO. I also told you to get connection from a reseller instead of direct In2cable.

Agreed but at least I get promised speeds and streaming experience is excellent at least for me. BTW did you get your refund?

These guys have real problems with lightning as they do not give Fiber to Home, during lightening i have lost 3 routers in 2 years time along with LCO losing three switches, that is why my LCO has told that the entire network will be upgraded using OLT, ONT etc and he will bring Fiber to Home after 2 months.